Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of October 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
October 17, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 290th day of the year 1947. It was the 42nd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 352 days left before your next birthday. You will be 74 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,677 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,892 days or 24.35 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 903 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 31 at 14:51:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 25, 1979.
If a dog named Lauren - a Yorkshire Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 312 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Lauren will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Lauren will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1864Elinor Glyn
- 1917Marsha Hunt
- 1918Rita Hayworth
- 1947Simi Garewal
- 1950Howard Rollins
- 1960Guy Henry
- 1960Rob Marshall
- 1974Dhondup Wangchen
- 1974John Rocker
- 1981Tsubasa Imai
View the complete list of October 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 17.
- 1910Ester Wier, American author (d. 2000)
- 1920Montgomery Clift, American actor and screenwriter (d. 1966)
- 1933The Singing Nun, Belgian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and nun (d. 1985)
- 1951Shari Ulrich, American-Canadian singer-songwriter and violinist (Hometown Band, The Pied Pumkin, and UHF)
- 1966Shaun Edwards, English rugby player and coach
- 1975Despina Olympiou, Greek-Cypriot singer
- 1979Kimi Räikkönen, Finnish race car driver
- 1983Toshihiro Matsushita, Japanese footballer
- 1985Carlos González, Venezuelan baseball player
- 1987Hideto Takahashi, Japanese footballer
View the complete list of October 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GZZITRBANRI? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters GZZITRBANRI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1091London tornado of 1091: A tornado thought to be of strength T8/F4 strikes the heart of London.
- 1346Battle of Neville’s Cross: King David II of Scotland is captured by the English near Durham, and imprisoned in the Tower of London for eleven years.
- 1781American Revolutionary War: British General Charles, Earl Cornwallis surrenders at the Siege of Yorktown.
- 1800Britain takes control of the Dutch colony of Curaçao.
- 1907Guglielmo Marconi’s company begins the first commercial transatlantic wireless service between Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada and Clifden, Ireland.
- 1933Albert Einstein flees Nazi Germany and moves to the United States.
- 1941German troops execute the male population of the villages Kerdyllia in Serres, Greece.
- 1945A massive number of people, headed by CGT, gather in the Plaza de Mayo in Buenos Aires, Argentina to demand Juan Perón’s release. It calls “el día de la lealtad peronista” (peronista loyalty day)
- 1956Donald Byrne and Bobby Fischer play a famous chess game called The Game of the Century. Fischer beat Byrne and wins a Brilliancy prize.
- 19891989 Loma Prieta earthquake (7.1 on the Richter scale) hits the San Francisco Bay Area and causes 57 deaths directly (and 6 indirectly).
View the complete list of October 17 historical events.
Curious about this Brown Choco Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 17, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Valerie Cruz, Gore Vidal, Nelly Furtado, Montell Jordan, Sophia Myles, Dennis Delaney, Jerry verDorn, Diana Rigg, Jim Kelly, Germán Legarreta.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 17 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on October 17, 1947.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th October 1947 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 15, 1971. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +150. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 27, 1941. Your score is -212. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Spain approximately on 375. Your profession was artist, magician, fortune teller.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn determination and persistency. Every misfortune should crash upon your strong will.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man October 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 17, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 290th day of 1947
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 42nd Friday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2022: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 352 days
- Age on next birthday: 74 years old
- Days since birth: 26,677 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,892 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.35 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 903
- Next full moon: October 31 at 14:51:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 25, 1979
- Age in dog years: 312 dog years old using a Yorkshire Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: November 15, 1971 (+150)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 27, 1941 (-212)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.X.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 14, 1914 – Lee Hays, American singer-songwriter (The Weavers and Almanac Singers) (d. 1981); October 29, 1977 – Brendan Fehr, Canadian actor; February 2, 1986 – Gemma Arterton, English actress and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,886