Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 20th of October 1983 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
October 20, 1983 was a Thursday and it was the 293rd day of the year 1983. It was the 42nd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1983 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 76 days left before your next birthday. You will be 38 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,804 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,601 days or 12.60 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 468 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 22 at 12:03:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 28, 2015.
If a dog named Little-Rascal - a Norwich Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 168 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Little-Rascal will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Little-Rascal will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1882Margaret Dumont
- 1912Ruhi Su
- 1940Kathy Kirby
- 1957Susanna Haavisto
- 1958Valerie Faris
- 1961Les Stroud
- 1961Michie Tomizawa
- 1962Dave Wong
- 1974Bashar Rahal
- 1976Dan Fogler
View the complete list of October 20 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 20.
- 1912Ruhi Su, Turkish singer-songwriter (d. 1985)
- 1913Grandpa Jones, American singer-songwriter and banjo player (d. 1998)
- 1926Edward Douglas-Scott-Montagu, 3rd Baron Montagu of Beaulieu, English lieutenant and politician, founded the National Motor Museum (d. 2015)
- 1938Iain Macmillan, Scottish photographer and educator (d. 2006)
- 1954Steve Orich, American composer and conductor
- 1963Stan Valckx, Dutch footballer and manager
- 1967Luck Mervil, Haitian-Canadian singer-songwriter and actor
- 1970Sander Boschker, Dutch footballer
- 1971Kamiel Maase, Dutch runner
- 1977Samuel Witwer, American actor and singer
View the complete list of October 20 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gerard’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1548The city of Nuestra Señora de La Paz (Our Lady of Peace) is founded by Alonso de Mendoza by appointment of the king of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, Charles V.
- 1803The United States Senate ratifies the Louisiana Purchase.
- 1805General Mack’s army surrenders to Napoleon at Ulm after a few skirmishes.
- 1818The Convention of 1818 is signed between the United States and the United Kingdom, which settles the Canada–United States border on the 49th parallel for most of its length.
- 1827In the Battle of Navarino, a combined Turkish and Egyptian fleet is defeated by British, French, and Russian naval forces in the last significant battle fought with wooden sailing ships.
- 1883Peru and Chile sign the Treaty of Ancón, by which the Tarapacá province is ceded to the latter, bringing an end to Peru’s involvement in the War of the Pacific.
- 1910The hull of the RMS Olympic, sister-ship to the ill-fated RMS Titanic, is launched from the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 1947The House Un-American Activities Committee begins its investigation into Communist infiltration of Hollywood, resulting in a blacklist that prevents some from working in the industry for years.
- 1968Former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy marries Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis.
- 1981Two police officers and an armored car guard are killed during an armed robbery in Rockland County, New York, carried out by members of the Black Liberation Army and Weather Underground.
View the complete list of October 20 historical events.
Curious about this Imperial Pink Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 20, and 1983 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Missy Peregrym, Tyler Glenn, Louis Gossett, Jr., Tom Everett Scott, Leni Riefenstahl, Katie Barberi, Iori Nomizu, Yumi Adachi, John-Paul Lavoisier, Enn Reitel.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 20 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on October 20, 1983.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 20th October 1983 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on March 25, 2003. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +158. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 3, 1965. Your score is -177. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,695,736,743. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (October 22, 1983). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Africa approximately on 725. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, cathedrals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 131,547,856 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1983. The estimated number of babies born on 20th October 1983 is 360,405. That’s equivalent to 250 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 54,342 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,995 times in the year 1983. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man October 20” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 20, 1983. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 293rd day of 1983
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 42nd Thursday of 1983
- Next same calendar year: 2022
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2023: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 76 days
- Age on next birthday: 38 years old
- Days since birth: 13,804 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,601 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.60 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 468
- Next full moon: August 22 at 12:03:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 28, 2015
- Age in dog years: 168 dog years old using a Norwich Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: March 25, 2003 (+158)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 3, 1965 (-177)
- 1983 world population: 4,695,736,743
- Number one song: Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler (October 22, 1983)
- Babies born in 1983: 131,547,856
- Babies born in 1983 every day: 360,405
- Babies born in 1983 every minute: 250
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 54,342 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,995 babies
- Roman numerals: XX.X.MCMLXXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 3, 1987 – Lalaine, American actress and singer (Vanity Theft); March 10, 1983 – Rafe Spall, English actor; July 20, 1971 – Sandra Oh, Canadian actress and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,165