Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of October 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
October 8, 1940 was a Tuesday and it was the 282nd day of the year 1940. It was the 41st Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 105 days left before your next birthday. You will be 81 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,480 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,827 days or 26.90 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 999 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 24 at 02:39:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 16, 1972.
If a dog named Fanya - a Tibetan Mastiff breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 415 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Fanya will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Fanya will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1883Dick Burnett
- 1928Bill Maynard
- 1944Susan Raye
- 1948Claude Jade
- 1949Hamish Stuart
- 1967Teddy Riley
- 1974Martin Henderson
- 1979Kristanna Loken
- 1980Nick Cannon
- 1980The Miz
View the complete list of October 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 8.
- 1850Henry Louis Le Châtelier, French chemist and academic (d. 1936)
- 1901Eivind Groven, Norwegian composer and theorist (d. 1977)
- 1924Aloísio Lorscheider, Brazilian cardinal (d. 2007)
- 1931Bill Brown, Scottish-Canadian footballer (d. 2004)
- 1948Sarah Purcell, American radio and television host
- 1953Robert Saxton, English composer and educator
- 1955Bill Elliott, American race car driver
- 1955Darrell Hammond, American comedian and actor
- 1964Jakob Arjouni, German author (d. 2013)
- 1982Miloš Pavlović, Serbian race car driver
View the complete list of October 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jeanne’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1480Great stand on the Ugra river, a standoff between the forces of Akhmat Khan, Khan of the Great Horde, and the Grand Duke Ivan III of Russia, which results in the retreat of the Tataro-Mongols and the eventual disintegration of the Horde.
- 1829Rail transport: Stephenson’s The Rocket wins The Rainhill Trials.
- 1879War of the Pacific: The Chilean Navy defeats the Peruvian Navy in the Battle of Angamos, Peruvian Admiral Miguel Grau is killed in the encounter.
- 1904Edmonton, Alberta is incorporated as a city.
- 1912First Balkan War begins: Montenegro declares war against the Ottoman Empire.
- 1956New York Yankees’s Don Larsen pitched the only perfect game in a World Series.
- 1962Spiegel scandal: Der Spiegel publishes the article “Bedingt abwehrbereit” (“Conditionally prepared for defense”) about a NATO manoeuvre called “Fallex 62”, which uncovered the sorry state of the Bundeswehr (Germany’s army) facing the communist threat from the east at the time. The magazine is soon accused of treason.
- 1982Cats opens on Broadway and runs for nearly 18 years before closing on September 10, 2000.
- 1990Israeli–Palestinian conflict: In Jerusalem, Israeli police kill 17 Palestinians and wound over 100 near the Dome of the Rock mosque on the Temple Mount.
- 2015Jurgen Klopp agrees to become the new Liverpool FC manager.
View the complete list of October 8 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Lychee? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 8, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Bob Catley, Paula DeAnda, Donna Douglas, Marian McKnight, Tab Hunter, Olly Murs, Brigitte Fossey, Desi Arnaz, Bonnie Bedelia, Shinichirō Watanabe.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 8 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on October 8, 1940.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th October 1940 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on March 3, 1965. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +180. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 31, 1915. Your score is -148. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Germany approximately on 1575. Your profession was jeweler, watch-maker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man October 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 8, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 282nd day of 1940
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 41st Tuesday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2023: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 105 days
- Age on next birthday: 81 years old
- Days since birth: 29,480 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,827 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.90 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 999
- Next full moon: July 24 at 02:39:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 16, 1972
- Age in dog years: 415 dog years old using a Tibetan Mastiff breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: March 3, 1965 (+180)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 31, 1915 (-148)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.X.MCMXL
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 8, 1914 – Norman Lloyd, American actor, director, and producer; March 25, 1970 – Kari Matchett, Canadian actress; June 2, 1934 – Johnny Carter, American singer (The Flamingos and The Dells) (d. 2009).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,895