Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of October 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
October 8, 1980 was a Wednesday and it was the 282nd day of the year 1980. It was the 41st Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 70 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,905 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,968 days or 13.60 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 505 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 22 at 12:03:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 16, 2012.
If a dog named Kiyo - a Dalmatian breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 200 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Kiyo will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Kiyo will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1918Ron Randell
- 1926Raaj Kumar
- 1940Paul Hogan
- 1948Claude Jade
- 1965Ardal O'Hanlon
- 1966Karyn Parsons
- 1972Kim Myung-min
- 1987Aya Hirano
View the complete list of October 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 8.
- 1845Salomon Kalischer, German pianist, composer, and physicist (d. 1924)
- 1889Collett E. Woolman, American businessman, co-founded Delta Air Lines (d. 1966)
- 1920Frank Herbert, American journalist, photographer, and author (d. 1986)
- 1922Nils Liedholm, Swedish footballer, coach, and manager (d. 2007)
- 1939Lynne Stewart, American lawyer
- 1943Chevy Chase, American comedian, actor, and screenwriter
- 1946Hanan Ashrawi, Palestinian scholar, activist, and politician
- 1960François Pérusse, Canadian singer-songwriter and comedian
- 1978Mick O'Driscoll, Irish rugby player and coach
- 1997Bella Thorne, American actress, singer, and dancer
View the complete list of October 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mabel’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1600San Marino adopts its written constitution.
- 1813The Treaty of Ried is signed between Bavaria and Austria.
- 1895Eulmi incident: Queen Min of Joseon, the last empress of Korea, is assassinated and her corpse burnt by Japanese infiltrators inside Gyeongbok Palace.
- 1932The Indian Air Force is established.
- 1941World War II: In their invasion of the Soviet Union, Germany reaches the Sea of Azov with the capture of Mariupol.
- 1952The Harrow and Wealdstone rail crash kills 112 people.
- 1956New York Yankees’s Don Larsen pitched the only perfect game in a World Series.
- 1962Spiegel scandal: Der Spiegel publishes the article “Bedingt abwehrbereit” (“Conditionally prepared for defense”) about a NATO manoeuvre called “Fallex 62”, which uncovered the sorry state of the Bundeswehr (Germany’s army) facing the communist threat from the east at the time. The magazine is soon accused of treason.
- 1969The opening rally of the Days of Rage occurs, organized by the Weather Underground in Chicago.
- 1991Croatia votes to sever constitutional relations with Yugoslavia, rendering the country fully independent.
View the complete list of October 8 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Blue Raspberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 8, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Nagma, John Polson, Austin Butler, Gabrielle Walcott, Giovanni Martinelli, Jeff Martin, Aleks Syntek, Jennifer Darling, Yuka Hirata, Michael Cretu.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 8 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on October 8, 1980.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th October 1980 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 17, 1976. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +110. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 16, 1972. Your score is -136. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Another One Bites the Dust by Queen as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (October 11, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ireland approximately on 925. Your profession was seaman, cook, carpenter.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable of understanding ancient books. Magical abilities, could be a servant of dark forces.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 8th October 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man October 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 8, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 282nd day of 1980
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 41st Wednesday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2023: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 70 days
- Age on next birthday: 41 years old
- Days since birth: 14,905 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,968 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.60 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 505
- Next full moon: August 22 at 12:03:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 16, 2012
- Age in dog years: 200 dog years old using a Dalmatian breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: July 17, 1976 (+110)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 16, 1972 (-136)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Another One Bites the Dust by Queen (October 11, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.X.MCMLXXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 13, 1993 – Sophie Evans, Welsh singer and actress; August 25, 1987 – Amy Macdonald, Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist; April 1, 1968 – Andreas Schnaas, German actor and director.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,094