Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of October 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
October 9, 1947 was a Thursday and it was the 282nd day of the year 1947. It was the 41st Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 265 days left before your next birthday. You will be 72 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,033 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,678 days or 23.76 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 881 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on January 21 at 05:17:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 17, 1979.
If a dog named Ceilidh - a Bracco Italiano breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 375 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Ceilidh will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Ceilidh will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1907Jacques Tati
- 1914Edward Andrews
- 1922Olga Guillot
- 1924Hachiro Kasuga
- 1931Antony Booth
- 1936Brian Blessed
- 1960Maddie Blaustein
- 1979Brandon Routh
- 1993Jhoana Marie Tan
View the complete list of October 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 9.
- 1932Robert McBain, English actor and photographer (d. 2004)
- 1947John Doubleday, English sculptor and painter
- 1955Linwood Boomer, Canadian-American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- 1966Christopher Östlund, Swedish publisher, founded Plaza Magazine
- 1966David Cameron, English politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- 1970Annika Sörenstam, Swedish golfer and architect
- 1971Stevie Richards, American wrestler and manager
- 1976William Alexander, American author and educator
- 1984Djamel Mesbah, Algerian footballer
- 1986Laure Manaudou, French swimmer
View the complete list of October 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1264The Kingdom of Castile conquers the city of Jerez, which had been under Muslim occupation since 711.
- 1594The army of the Portuguese Empire is annihilated by the Kingdom of Kandy on Sri Lanka, bringing an end to the Campaign of Danture.
- 1604Supernova 1604, the most recent supernova to be observed in the Milky Way.
- 1701The Collegiate School of Connecticut (later renamed Yale University) is chartered in Old Saybrook, Connecticut.
- 1760Seven Years’ War: Russian forces occupy Berlin.
- 1831Ioannis Kapodistrias, the first head of state of independent Greece is assassinated.
- 1919Black Sox Scandal: The Cincinnati Reds win the World Series.
- 1942Statute of Westminster 1931 formalises Australian autonomy.
- 1980Pope John Paul II shakes hands with the Dalai Lama during a private audience in Vatican City.
- 1980Princess Caroline of Monaco divorces Philippe Junot.
View the complete list of October 9 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Pineapple Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 9, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ben Gazzara, Tom Robinson, Kemal Sunal, Debby Ryan, Bret Hart, Hans Klok, Nora Denney, David Hyde Pierce, Laraine Newman, Batuhan Karacakaya.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 9 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on October 9, 1947.
Get your daily Libra horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th October 1947 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 14, 1971. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +198. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 27, 1941. Your incompatibility score is -170. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 375. Your profession was artist, magician, fortune teller.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 9, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 282nd day of 1947
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 41st Thursday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 265 days
- Age on next birthday: 72 years old
- Days since birth: 26,033 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,678 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.76 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 881
- Next full moon: January 21 at 05:17:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 17, 1979
- Age in dog years: 375 dog years old using a Bracco Italiano breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: November 14, 1971 (+198)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 27, 1941 (-170)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 8, 1955 – Stephen Furst, American actor and director; November 23, 1978 – Alison Mosshart, American singer-songwriter (The Kills, The Dead Weather, and Discount); October 24, 1994 – Krystal, American-South Korean singer, dancer, and actress (f(x) and SM the Ballad).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,732