The following events took place on April 18. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 48 events. Showing 41 - 48.
- 1983A suicide bomber destroys the United States embassy in Beirut, Lebanon, killing 63 people.
- 1988The United States launches Operation Praying Mantis against Iranian naval forces in the largest naval battle since World War II.
- 1992General Abdul Rashid Dostum revolts against President Mohammad Najibullah of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan and allies with Ahmad Shah Massoud to capture Kabul.
- 1996In Lebanon, at least 106 civilians are killed when the Israel Defense Forces shell the United Nations compound at Quana where more than 800 civilians had taken refuge.
- 2007The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act in a 5–4 decision.
- 2007A series of bombings, two of them being suicides, occur in Baghdad, killing 198 and injuring 251.
- 2013A suicide bombing in a Baghdad cafe kills 27 people and injures another 65.
- 2014Sixteen people are killed in an avalanche on Mount Everest.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)