The following events took place on April 23. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 40 events. Showing 31 - 40.
- 1967Soviet space program: Soyuz 1 (Russian: Союз 1, Union 1) a manned spaceflight carrying cosmonaut Colonel Vladimir Komarov is launched into orbit.
- 1968Vietnam War: Student protesters at Columbia University in New York City take over administration buildings and shut down the university.
- 1971Bangladesh Liberation War: The Pakistan Army and Razakars massacre approximately 3,000 Hindu emigrants in the Jathibhanga area of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh).
- 1985Coca-Cola changes its formula and releases New Coke. The response is overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula is back on the market in less than three months.
- 1990Namibia becomes the 160th member of the United Nations and the 50th member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- 1993Eritreans vote overwhelmingly for independence from Ethiopia in a United Nations-monitored referendum.
- 1993Sri Lankan politician Lalith Athulathmudali is assassinated while addressing a gathering, approximately four weeks ahead of the Provincial Council elections for the Western Province.
- 1997Omaria massacre in Algeria: Forty-two villagers are killed.
- 2005First YouTube video uploaded, titled “Me at the zoo”.
- 2013At least 28 are dead and more than 70 are injured as violence breaks out in Hawija, Iraq.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!