The following events took place on December 30. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 41 events. Showing 1 - 30.
- 1066Granada massacre: A Muslim mob storms the royal palace in Granada, crucifies Jewish vizier Joseph ibn Naghrela and massacres most of the Jewish population of the city.
- 1460Wars of the Roses: Battle of Wakefield.
- 1702Queen Anne’s War: James Moore, Governor of the Province of Carolina, abandons the Siege of St. Augustine.
- 1813War of 1812: British soldiers burn Buffalo, New York.
- 1816The Treaty of St. Louis (1816) between the United States and the united Ottawa, Ojibwa, and Potawatomi Indian tribes is proclaimed.
- 1825The Treaty of St. Louis between the United States and the Shawnee Nation is proclaimed.
- 1853Gadsden Purchase: The United States buys land from Mexico to facilitate railroad building in the Southwest.
- 1896Filipino patriot and reform advocate José Rizal is executed by a Spanish firing squad in Manila, Philippines.
- 1896Canadian ice hockey player Ernie McLea scores the first hat-trick in Stanley Cup play, and the Cup-winning goal as the Montreal Victorias defeat the Winnipeg Victorias 6–5.
- 1897The British Colony of Natal annexes Zululand.
- 1903A fire at the Iroquois Theater in Chicago, Illinois kills at least 605.
- 1905Former Idaho Governor Frank Steunenberg is assassinated at the front gate of his home in Caldwell.
- 1906The All-India Muslim League is founded in Dacca, East Bengal, British India. It went on to lay the foundations of Pakistan.
- 1916The last coronation in Hungary is performed for King Charles IV and Queen Zita.
- 1919Lincoln’s Inn in London, England, UK admits its first female bar student.
- 1922The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics is formed.
- 1927The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
- 1936The United Auto Workers union stages its first sitdown strike.
- 1943Subhas Chandra Bose raises the flag of Indian independence at Port Blair.
- 1944King George II of Greece declares a regency, leaving the throne vacant.
- 1947King Michael I of Romania is forced to abdicate by the Soviet Union-backed Communist government of Romania.
- 1948The Cole Porter Broadway musical, Kiss Me, Kate (1,077 performances), opens at the New Century Theatre and becomes the first show to win the Best Musical Tony Award.
- 1958The Guatemalan Air Force sinks several Mexican fishing boats alleged to have breached maritime borders, killing three and sparking international tension.
- 1965Ferdinand Marcos becomes President of the Philippines.
- 1972Vietnam War: The United States halts heavy bombing of North Vietnam.
- 1977For the second time, Ted Bundy escapes from his cell in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
- 1981In the 39th game of his third NHL season, Wayne Gretzky scores five goals, giving him 50 on the year and setting a new NHL record previously held by Maurice Richard and Mike Bossy, who earlier had each scored 50 goals in 50 games.
- 1993Israel and Vatican City establish diplomatic relations.
- 1996In the Indian state of Assam, a passenger train is bombed by Bodo separatists, killing 26.
- 1996Proposed budget cuts by Benjamin Netanyahu spark protests from 250,000 workers who shut down services across Israel.
Curious about this Crazy Quick Fuse? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!