The following events took place on December 30. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 41 events. Showing 1 - 30.
- 1066Granada massacre: A Muslim mob storms the royal palace in Granada, crucifies Jewish vizier Joseph ibn Naghrela and massacres most of the Jewish population of the city.
- 1460Wars of the Roses: Battle of Wakefield.
- 1702Queen Anne’s War: James Moore, Governor of the Province of Carolina, abandons the Siege of St. Augustine.
- 1813War of 1812: British soldiers burn Buffalo, New York.
- 1816The Treaty of St. Louis (1816) between the United States and the united Ottawa, Ojibwa, and Potawatomi Indian tribes is proclaimed.
- 1825The Treaty of St. Louis between the United States and the Shawnee Nation is proclaimed.
- 1853Gadsden Purchase: The United States buys land from Mexico to facilitate railroad building in the Southwest.
- 1896Filipino patriot and reform advocate José Rizal is executed by a Spanish firing squad in Manila, Philippines.
- 1896Canadian ice hockey player Ernie McLea scores the first hat-trick in Stanley Cup play, and the Cup-winning goal as the Montreal Victorias defeat the Winnipeg Victorias 6–5.
- 1897The British Colony of Natal annexes Zululand.
- 1903A fire at the Iroquois Theater in Chicago, Illinois kills at least 605.
- 1905Former Idaho Governor Frank Steunenberg is assassinated at the front gate of his home in Caldwell.
- 1906The All-India Muslim League is founded in Dacca, East Bengal, British India. It went on to lay the foundations of Pakistan.
- 1916The last coronation in Hungary is performed for King Charles IV and Queen Zita.
- 1919Lincoln’s Inn in London, England, UK admits its first female bar student.
- 1922The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics is formed.
- 1927The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
- 1936The United Auto Workers union stages its first sitdown strike.
- 1943Subhas Chandra Bose raises the flag of Indian independence at Port Blair.
- 1944King George II of Greece declares a regency, leaving the throne vacant.
- 1947King Michael I of Romania is forced to abdicate by the Soviet Union-backed Communist government of Romania.
- 1948The Cole Porter Broadway musical, Kiss Me, Kate (1,077 performances), opens at the New Century Theatre and becomes the first show to win the Best Musical Tony Award.
- 1958The Guatemalan Air Force sinks several Mexican fishing boats alleged to have breached maritime borders, killing three and sparking international tension.
- 1965Ferdinand Marcos becomes President of the Philippines.
- 1972Vietnam War: The United States halts heavy bombing of North Vietnam.
- 1977For the second time, Ted Bundy escapes from his cell in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
- 1981In the 39th game of his third NHL season, Wayne Gretzky scores five goals, giving him 50 on the year and setting a new NHL record previously held by Maurice Richard and Mike Bossy, who earlier had each scored 50 goals in 50 games.
- 1993Israel and Vatican City establish diplomatic relations.
- 1996In the Indian state of Assam, a passenger train is bombed by Bodo separatists, killing 26.
- 1996Proposed budget cuts by Benjamin Netanyahu spark protests from 250,000 workers who shut down services across Israel.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Daryl’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)