The following events took place on February 6. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 39 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 1649The claimant King Charles II of England and Scotland is declared King of Great Britain, by the Parliament of Scotland. This move was not followed by the Parliament of England nor the Parliament of Ireland.
- 1685James II of England and VII of Scotland becomes King upon the death of his brother Charles II.
- 1778American Revolutionary War: In Paris the Treaty of Alliance and the Treaty of Amity and Commerce are signed by the United States and France signaling official recognition of the new republic.
- 1788Massachusetts becomes the sixth state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1806Battle of San Domingo: British naval victory against the French in the Caribbean.
- 1815New Jersey grants the first American railroad charter to John Stevens.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles founds Singapore.
- 1820The first 86 African American immigrants sponsored by the American Colonization Society depart New York to start a settlement in present-day Liberia.
- 1833Otto becomes the first modern King of Greece.
- 1840Signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, establishing New Zealand as a British colony.
- 1843The first minstrel show in the United States, The Virginia Minstrels, opens (Bowery Amphitheatre in New York City).
- 1851The largest Australian bushfires in a populous region in recorded history take place in the state of Victoria.
- 1862American Civil War: Forces under the command of Ulysses S. Grant and Andrew H. Foote give the Union its first victory of the war, capturing Fort Henry, Tennessee in the Battle of Fort Henry.
- 1899Spanish–American War: The Treaty of Paris, a peace treaty between the United States and Spain, is ratified by the United States Senate.
- 1900The Permanent Court of Arbitration, an international arbitration court at The Hague, is created when the Senate of the Netherlands ratifies an 1899 peace conference decree.
- 1914The Bondetåget, a peasant uprising in support of the monarchy, takes place in Sweden
- 1918British women over the age of 30 get the right to vote.
- 1919The five-day Seattle General Strike begins.
- 1922The Washington Naval Treaty is signed in Washington, D.C., limiting the naval armaments of United States, Britain, Japan, France, and Italy.
- 1934Far-right leagues rally in front of the Palais Bourbon in an attempted coup against the French Third Republic, creating a political crisis in France.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)