The following events took place on June 23. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 56 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 1180First Battle of Uji, starting the Genpei War in Japan.
- 1280The Battle of Moclín takes place in the context of the Spanish Reconquista pitting the forces of the Kingdom of Castile against the Emirate of Granada. The battle resulted in a Granadian victory.
- 1305A peace treaty between the Flemish and the French is signed at Athis-sur-Orge.
- 1314First War of Scottish Independence: The Battle of Bannockburn (south of Stirling) begins.
- 1532Henry VIII of England and Francis I of France sign a secret treaty against Emperor Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1565Dragut, commander of the Ottoman navy, dies during the Great Siege of Malta.
- 1611The mutinous crew of Henry Hudson’s fourth voyage sets Henry, his son and seven loyal crew members adrift in an open boat in what is now Hudson Bay; they are never heard from again.
- 1661Marriage contract between Charles II of England and Catherine of Braganza.
- 1683William Penn signs a friendship treaty with Lenni Lenape Indians in Pennsylvania.
- 1713The French residents of Acadia are given one year to declare allegiance to Britain or leave Nova Scotia, Canada.
- 1757Battle of Plassey: Three thousand British troops under Robert Clive defeat a 50,000-strong Indian army under Siraj ud-Daulah at Plassey.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: Battle of Krefeld: British forces defeat French troops at Krefeld in Germany.
- 1760Seven Years’ War: Battle of Landeshut: Austria defeats Prussia.
- 1780American Revolution: Battle of Springfield fought in and around Springfield, New Jersey (including Short Hills, formerly of Springfield, now of Millburn Township).
- 1794Empress Catherine II of Russia grants Jews permission to settle in Kiev.
- 1810John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- 1812War of 1812: Great Britain revokes the restrictions on American commerce, thus eliminating one of the chief reasons for going to war.
- 1848Beginning of the June Days Uprising in Paris, France.
- 1860The United States Congress establishes the Government Printing Office.
- 1865American Civil War: At Fort Towson in the Oklahoma Territory, Confederate, Brigadier General Stand Watie surrenders the last significant rebel army.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)