The following events took place on March 30. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 37 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 598Balkan Campaign: The Avars lift the siege at the Byzantine stronghold of Tomis. Their leader Bayan I retreats north of the Danube River after the Avaro-Slavic hordes are decimated by the plague.
- 1282The people of Sicily rebel against the Angevin king Charles I, in what becomes known as the Sicilian Vespers.
- 1296Edward I sacks Berwick-upon-Tweed, during armed conflict between Scotland and England.
- 1815Joachim Murat issues the Rimini Proclamation which would later inspire Italian unification.
- 1822The Florida Territory is created in the United States.
- 1841The National Bank of Greece is founded in Athens.
- 1842Ether anesthesia is used for the first time, in an operation by the American surgeon Dr. Crawford Long.
- 1844One of the most important battles of the Dominican War of Independence from Haiti takes place near the city of Santiago de los Caballeros.
- 1855Origins of the American Civil War: “Border Ruffians” from Missouri invade Kansas and force election of a pro-slavery legislature.
- 1856The Treaty of Paris is signed, ending the Crimean War.
- 1863Danish prince Wilhelm Georg is chosen as King George of Greece.
- 1867Alaska is purchased from Russia for $7.2 million, about 2-cent/acre ($4.19/km²), by United States Secretary of State William H. Seward.
- 1870Texas is readmitted to the Union following Reconstruction.
- 1885The Battle for Kushka triggers the Panjdeh Incident which nearly gives rise to war between the British Empire and Russian Empire.
- 1899German Society of Chemistry issues an invitation to other national scientific organizations to appoint delegates to the International Committee on Atomic Weights.
- 1909The Queensboro Bridge in New York City opens, linking Manhattan and Queens.
- 1910The Mississippi Legislature founds the University of Southern Mississippi.
- 1912Sultan Abd al-Hafid signs the Treaty of Fes, making Morocco a French protectorate.
- 1918Outburst of bloody March Events in Baku and other locations of Baku Governorate.
- 1939The Heinkel He 100 fighter sets a world airspeed record of 463 mph (745km/h).
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)