The following events took place on November 30. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 47 events. Showing 1 - 30.
- 3340 BCEarliest believed record of an eclipse.
- 1707The second Siege of Pensacola comes to end with the failure of the British to capture Pensacola, Florida.
- 1718King Charles XII of Sweden dies during a siege of the fortress of Fredriksten in Norway.
- 1782American Revolutionary War: Treaty of Paris – In Paris, representatives from the United States and the Kingdom of Great Britain sign preliminary peace articles (later formalized as the 1783 Treaty of Paris).
- 1786The Grand Duchy of Tuscany, under Pietro Leopoldo I, becomes the first modern state to abolish the death penalty (later commemorated as Cities for Life Day).
- 1803In New Orleans, Spanish representatives officially transfer the Louisiana Territory to a French representative. Just 20 days later, France transfers the same land to the United States as the Louisiana Purchase.
- 1804The Democratic-Republican-controlled United States Senate begins an impeachment trial of Federalist Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase.
- 1824Ground is broken at Allanburg, Ontario, for the building of the first Welland Canal.
- 1829First Welland Canal opens for a trial run, 5 years to the day from the ground breaking.
- 1853Crimean War: Battle of Sinop – The Imperial Russian Navy under Pavel Nakhimov destroys the Ottoman fleet under Osman Pasha at Sinop, a sea port in northern Turkey.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Franklin – The Confederate Army of Tennessee led by General John Bell Hood mounts a dramatically unsuccessful frontal assault on Union positions commanded by John McAllister Schofield around Franklin, Tennessee, with Hood losing six generals and almost a third of his troops.
- 1868A statue of King Charles XII of Sweden is inaugurated in Stockholm’s Kungsträdgården.
- 1872The first-ever international football match takes place at Hamilton Crescent, Glasgow, between Scotland and England.
- 1886The Folies Bergère stages its first revue.
- 1902American Old West: Kid Curry Logan, second-in-command of Butch Cassidy’s Wild Bunch gang, is sentenced to 20 years imprisonment with hard labor.
- 1908A mine explosion in Marianna, Pennsylvania, kills 154.
- 1916Costa Rica signs the Buenos Aires Convention, a copyright treaty.
- 1934The LNER Class A3 4472 Flying Scotsman becomes the first steam locomotive to be authenticated as reaching 100 mph.
- 1936In London, the Crystal Palace is destroyed by fire.
- 1939Winter War: Soviet forces cross the Finnish border in several places and bomb Helsinki and several other Finnish cities, starting the war.
- 1940Lucille Ball marries Desi Arnaz in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Tassafaronga; A smaller squadron of Japanese destroyers led by Raizō Tanaka defeats a U.S. cruiser force under Carleton H. Wright.
- 19471947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
- 1953Edward Mutesa II, the kabaka (king) of Buganda is deposed and exiled to London by Sir Andrew Cohen, Governor of Uganda.
- 1954In Sylacauga, Alabama, United States, the Hodges meteorite crashes through a roof and hits a woman taking an afternoon nap. This is the only documented case in the Western Hemisphere of a human being hit by a rock from space.
- 1966Barbados becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1967The People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1967The Pakistan Peoples Party is founded by Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, who becomes its first chairman.
- 1967Pro-Soviet communists in the Philippines establish Malayang Pagkakaisa ng Kabataan Pilipino as its new youth wing.
- 1971Iran seizes the Greater and Lesser Tunbs from the United Arab Emirates.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!