The following events took place on November 30. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 47 events. Showing 31 - 47.
- 1972Vietnam War: White House Press Secretary Ron Ziegler tells the press that there will be no more public announcements concerning American troop withdrawals from Vietnam because troop levels are now down to 27,000.
- 1981Cold War: In Geneva, representatives from the United States and the Soviet Union begin to negotiate intermediate-range nuclear weapon reductions in Europe. (The meetings end inconclusively on December 17.)
- 1982Michael Jackson’s second solo album, Thriller is released worldwide. It will become the best-selling record album in history.
- 1989Deutsche Bank board member Alfred Herrhausen is killed by a Red Army Faction terrorist bomb.
- 1993American National Football League awards 30th franchise to the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- 1993U.S. President Bill Clinton signs the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (the Brady Bill) into law.
- 1994MS Achille Lauro catches fire off the coast of Somalia.
- 1995Official end of Operation Desert Storm.
- 1995U.S. President Bill Clinton visits Northern Ireland and speaks in favour of the “Northern Ireland peace process” to a huge rally at Belfast City Hall. He calls terrorists “yesterday’s men”.
- 1998Exxon and Mobil sign a US$73.7 billion agreement to merge, thus creating ExxonMobil, the world’s largest company.
- 1999In Seattle, United States, demonstrations against a World Trade Organization meeting by anti-globalization protesters catch police unprepared and force the cancellation of opening ceremonies.
- 1999British Aerospace and Marconi Electronic Systems merge to form BAE Systems, Europe’s largest defense contractor and the fourth largest aerospace firm in the world.
- 2001In Renton, Washington, United States, Gary Ridgway (aka The Green River Killer) is arrested.
- 2004Longtime Jeopardy! champion Ken Jennings of Salt Lake City, finally loses, leaving him with US$ 2,520,700, television’s biggest game show winnings.
- 2004Lion Air Flight 538 crash lands in Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia, killing 26.
- 2005John Sentamu becomes the first black archbishop in the Church of England with his enthronement as the 97th Archbishop of York.
- 2012An Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane belonging to Aéro-Service, crashes into houses near Maya-Maya Airport during a thunderstorm, killing at least 32 people.
Curious about this Green Lady? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!