The following events took place on November 5. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 44 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 1138Lý Anh Tông is enthroned as emperor of Vietnam at the age of two, beginning a 37-year reign.
- 1499Publication of the Catholicon in Tréguier (Brittany). This Breton-French-Latin dictionary was written in 1464 by Jehan Lagadeuc. It is the first Breton dictionary as well as the first French dictionary.
- 1530The St. Felix’s Flood destroys the city of Reimerswaal in the Netherlands.
- 1605Gunpowder Plot: Guy Fawkes is arrested.
- 1688William III of England lands with a Dutch fleet at Brixham, Southwest England.
- 1757Seven Years’ War: Frederick the Great defeats the allied armies of France and the Holy Roman Empire at the Battle of Rossbach.
- 1768Treaty of Fort Stanwix, the purpose of which is to adjust the boundary line between Indian lands and white settlements set forth in the Royal Proclamation of 1763 in the Thirteen Colonies.
- 1780French-American forces under Colonel LaBalme are defeated by Miami Chief Little Turtle.
- 1811Salvadoran priest José Matías Delgado, rings the bells of La Merced church in San Salvador, calling for insurrection and launching the 1811 Independence Movement.
- 1831Nat Turner, American slave leader, is tried, convicted, and sentenced to death in Virginia.
- 1854Crimean War: The Battle of Inkerman.
- 1862American Civil War: Abraham Lincoln removes George B. McClellan as commander of the Union Army for the second and final time.
- 1862American Indian Wars: In Minnesota, 303 Dakota warriors are found guilty of rape and murder of whites and are sentenced to hang. 38 are ultimately executed and the others reprieved.
- 1872Women’s suffrage in the United States: In defiance of the law, suffragist Susan B. Anthony votes for the first time, and is later fined $100.
- 1895George B. Selden is granted the first U.S. patent for an automobile.
- 1911After declaring war on the Ottoman Empire on September 29, 1911, Italy annexes Tripoli and Cyrenaica.
- 1912Woodrow Wilson is elected to the presidency of the United States.
- 1913King Otto of Bavaria is deposed by his cousin, Prince Regent Ludwig, who assumes the title Ludwig III.
- 1914World War I: France and the British Empire declare war on the Ottoman Empire.
- 1916The Kingdom of Poland is proclaimed by the Act of 5th November of the emperors of Germany and Austria-Hungary.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)