The following events took place on November 7. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 65 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 335Athanasius is banished to Trier, on charge that he prevented a grain fleet from sailing to Constantinople.
- 680The Sixth Ecumenical Council commences in Constantinople.
- 1426Lam Sơn uprising: Lam Sơn rebels emerge victorious against the Ming army in the Battle of Tốt Động – Chúc Động taking place in Đông Quan, in now Hanoi.
- 1492The Ensisheim meteorite, the oldest meteorite with a known date of impact, strikes the Earth around noon in a wheat field outside the village of Ensisheim, Alsace, France.
- 1619Elizabeth Stuart is crowned Queen of Bohemia.
- 1665The London Gazette, the oldest surviving journal, is first published.
- 1775John Murray, the Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia, starts the first mass emancipation of slaves in North America by issuing Lord Dunmore’s Offer of Emancipation, which offers freedom to slaves who abandoned their colonial masters in order to fight with Murray and the British.
- 1786The oldest musical organization in the United States is founded as the Stoughton Musical Society.
- 1811Tecumseh’s War: The Battle of Tippecanoe is fought near present-day Battle Ground, Indiana, United States.
- 1837In Alton, Illinois, abolitionist printer Elijah P. Lovejoy is shot dead by a mob while attempting to protect his printing shop from being destroyed a third time.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Belmont: In Belmont, Missouri, Union forces led by General Ulysses S. Grant overrun a Confederate camp but are forced to retreat when Confederate reinforcements arrive.
- 1874A cartoon by Thomas Nast in Harper’s Weekly, is considered the first important use of an elephant as a symbol for the United States Republican Party.
- 1885The completion of Canada’s first transcontinental railway is symbolized by the Last Spike ceremony at Craigellachie, British Columbia.
- 1893Women’s suffrage: Women in the U.S. state of Colorado are granted the right to vote, the second state to do so.
- 1900Battle of Leliefontein, a battle during which the Royal Canadian Dragoons win three Victoria Crosses.
- 1900The People’s Party is founded in Cuba.
- 1907Delta Sigma Pi is founded at New York University.
- 1907Jesús García saves the entire town of Nacozari de García by driving a burning train full of dynamite six kilometers (3.7 miles) away before it can explode.
- 1908Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are reportedly killed in San Vicente, Bolivia.
- 1910The first air freight shipment (from Dayton, Ohio, to Columbus, Ohio) is undertaken by the Wright brothers and department store owner Max Moorehouse.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)