The following events took place on October 14. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 70 events. Showing 61 - 70.
- 1981Citing official misconduct in the investigation and trial, Amnesty International charges the U.S. Federal Government with holding Richard Marshall of the American Indian Movement as a political prisoner.
- 1981Vice President Hosni Mubarak is elected as the President of Egypt one week after the assassination of the President of Egypt, Anwar Sadat.
- 1982U.S. President Ronald Reagan proclaims a War on Drugs.
- 1983Maurice Bishop, Prime Minister of Grenada, is overthrown and later executed in a military coup d'état led by Bernard Coard.
- 1984“Baby Fae” receives a heart transplant from a baboon.
- 1994The Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat, The Prime Minister of Israel, Yitzhak Rabin, and the Foreign Minister of Israel, Shimon Peres, receive the Nobel Peace Prize for their role in the establishment of the Oslo Accords and the framing of the future Palestinian Self Government.
- 1998Eric Rudolph is charged with six bombings including the 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2003Chicago Cubs fan Steve Bartman becomes infamously known as the scapegoat for the Cubs losing Game 6 of the 2003 National League Championship Series to the Florida Marlins.
- 2006The college football brawl between University of Miami and Florida International University leads to suspensions of 31 players of both teams.
- 2014A snowstorm and avalanche in the Nepalese Himalayas triggered by the remnants of Cyclone Hudhud kills 43 people.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brian’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)