The following events took place on October 30. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 52 events. Showing 1 - 30.
- 637Antioch surrenders to the Muslim forces under Rashidun Caliphate after the Battle of the Iron Bridge.
- 758Guangzhou is sacked by Arab and Persian pirates.
- 1137Battle of Rignano between Ranulf of Apulia and Roger II of Sicily.
- 1270The Eighth Crusade and siege of Tunis end by an agreement between Charles I of Sicily (brother to King Louis IX of France, who had died months earlier) and the sultan of Tunis.
- 1340Portuguese and Castilian forces halt a Marinid invasion at the Battle of Río Salado.
- 1485King Henry VII of England is crowned.
- 1501Ballet of Chestnuts: A banquet held by Cesare Borgia in the Papal Palace where fifty prostitutes or courtesans are in attendance for the entertainment of the guests.
- 1534English Parliament passes Act of Supremacy, making King Henry VIII head of the English church - a role formerly held by the Pope.
- 1657Spanish forces fail to retake Jamaica at the Battle of Ocho Rios during the Anglo-Spanish War.
- 1806Believing he is facing a much larger force, Prussian Lieutenant General Friedrich von Romberg, commanding 5,300 men, surrendered the city of Stettin to 800 French soldiers commanded by General Lassalle.
- 1817The independent government of Venezuela is established by Simón Bolívar.
- 1831In Southampton County, Virginia, escaped slave Nat Turner is captured and arrested for leading the bloodiest slave rebellion in United States history.
- 1863Danish Prince Vilhelm arrives in Athens to assume his throne as George I, King of the Hellenes.
- 1864Second Schleswig War ends. Denmark renounces all claim to Schleswig, Holstein and Lauenburg, which come under Prussian and Austrian administration.
- 1864Helena, Montana is founded after four prospectors discover gold at “Last Chance Gulch”.
- 1888Rudd Concession granted by King Lobengula of Matabeleland to agents of Cecil Rhodes led by Charles Rudd.
- 1894Domenico Melegatti obtains a patent for a procedure to be applied in producing pandoro industrially.
- 1905Czar Nicholas II of Russia grants Russia’s first constitution, creating a legislative assembly.
- 1918The Ottoman Empire signs an armistice with the Allies, ending the First World War in the Middle East.
- 1920The Communist Party of Australia is founded in Sydney.
- 1922Benito Mussolini is made Prime Minister of Italy.
- 1925John Logie Baird creates Britain’s first television transmitter.
- 1929The Stuttgart Cable Car is constructed in Stuttgart, Germany.
- 1938Orson Welles broadcasts his radio play of H. G. Wells’s The War of the Worlds, causing anxiety in some of the audience in the United States.
- 1941World War II: Franklin Delano Roosevelt approves U.S. $1 billion in Lend-Lease aid to the Allied nations.
- 1941One thousand five hundred Jews from Pidhaytsi (in western Ukraine) are sent by Nazis to Bełżec extermination camp.
- 1942Lt. Tony Fasson, Able Seaman Colin Grazier and canteen assistant Tommy Brown from HMS Petard board U-559, retrieving material which would lead to the decryption of the German Enigma code.
- 1944Anne and Margot Frank are deported from Auschwitz to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, where they die from disease the following year, shortly before the end of WWII.
- 1945Jackie Robinson of the Kansas City Monarchs signs a contract for the Brooklyn Dodgers to break the baseball color barrier.
- 1947The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which is the foundation of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), is founded.
Curious about this Pearly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!