The following events took place on September 22. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 43 events. Showing 31 - 43.
- 1955In the United Kingdom, the television channel ITV goes live for the first time.
- 1957In Haiti, François Duvalier is elected president.
- 1960The Sudanese Republic is renamed Mali after the withdrawal of Senegal from the Mali Federation.
- 1965The Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 (also known as the Second Kashmir War) between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, ends after the UN calls for a ceasefire.
- 1975Sara Jane Moore tries to assassinate U.S. President Gerald Ford, but is foiled by Oliver Sipple.
- 1979The Vela Incident (also known as the South Atlantic Flash) is observed near Bouvet Island, thought to be a nuclear weapons test.
- 1980Iraq invades Iran.
- 1991The Dead Sea Scrolls are made available to the public for the first time by the Huntington Library.
- 1993A barge strikes a railroad bridge near Mobile, Alabama, causing the deadliest train wreck in Amtrak history. Forty-seven passengers are killed.
- 1993A Transair Georgian Airlines Tu-154 is shot down by a missile in Sukhumi, Georgia.
- 1995An E-3B AWACS crashes outside Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska after multiple bird strikes to two of the four engines soon after takeoff; all 24 on board are killed.
- 1995Nagerkovil school bombing, is carried out by the Sri Lanka Air Force in which at least 34 die, most of them ethnic Tamil school children.
- 2013At least 75 people are killed in a suicide bombing at a church in Peshawar, Pakistan.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Juanita’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)