The following events took place on September 7. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 70 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 70A Roman army under Titus occupies and plunders Jerusalem.
- 878Louis the Stammerer was crowned as King of West Francia by Pope John VIII.
- 1159Pope Alexander III chosen.
- 1191Third Crusade: Battle of Arsuf – Richard I of England defeats Saladin at Arsuf.
- 1228Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II landed in Acre, Palestine and started the Sixth Crusade, which resulted in a peaceful restitution of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- 1303Guillaume de Nogaret takes Pope Boniface VIII prisoner on behalf of Philip IV of France.
- 1571Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, is arrested for his role in the Ridolfi plot to assassinate Queen Elizabeth I of England and replace her with Mary, Queen of Scots.
- 1652Around 15,000 Han farmers and militia rebel against Dutch rule on Taiwan.
- 1695Henry Every perpetrates one of the most profitable pirate raids in history with the capture of the Grand Mughal ship Ganj-i-Sawai. In response, Emperor Aurangzeb threatens to end all English trading in India.
- 1706War of the Spanish Succession: Siege of Turin ends, leading to the withdrawal of French forces from North Italy.
- 1764Election of Stanisław August Poniatowski as the last ruler of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- 1776According to American colonial reports, Ezra Lee makes the world’s first submarine attack in the Turtle, attempting to attach a time bomb to the hull of HMS Eagle in New York Harbor (no British records of this attack exist).
- 1778American Revolutionary War: France invades Dominica in the British West Indies, before Britain is even aware of France’s involvement in the war.
- 1812French invasion of Russia: The Battle of Borodino, the bloodiest battle of the Napoleonic Wars, was fought near Moscow and resulted in a French victory.
- 1818Carl III of Sweden–Norway is crowned king of Norway, in Trondheim.
- 1822Dom Pedro I declares Brazil independent from Portugal on the shores of the Ipiranga Brook in São Paulo.
- 1857Mountain Meadows massacre: Mormon settlers slaughter most members of peaceful, emigrant wagon train.
- 1860Italian unification: Giuseppe Garibaldi enters Naples.
- 1864American Civil War: Atlanta is evacuated on orders of Union General William Tecumseh Sherman.
- 1873Emilio Castelar y Ripoll becomes President of the First Spanish Republic.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)