The following events took place on September 7. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 70 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 70A Roman army under Titus occupies and plunders Jerusalem.
- 878Louis the Stammerer was crowned as King of West Francia by Pope John VIII.
- 1159Pope Alexander III chosen.
- 1191Third Crusade: Battle of Arsuf – Richard I of England defeats Saladin at Arsuf.
- 1228Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II landed in Acre, Palestine and started the Sixth Crusade, which resulted in a peaceful restitution of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- 1303Guillaume de Nogaret takes Pope Boniface VIII prisoner on behalf of Philip IV of France.
- 1571Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, is arrested for his role in the Ridolfi plot to assassinate Queen Elizabeth I of England and replace her with Mary, Queen of Scots.
- 1652Around 15,000 Han farmers and militia rebel against Dutch rule on Taiwan.
- 1695Henry Every perpetrates one of the most profitable pirate raids in history with the capture of the Grand Mughal ship Ganj-i-Sawai. In response, Emperor Aurangzeb threatens to end all English trading in India.
- 1706War of the Spanish Succession: Siege of Turin ends, leading to the withdrawal of French forces from North Italy.
- 1764Election of Stanisław August Poniatowski as the last ruler of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- 1776According to American colonial reports, Ezra Lee makes the world’s first submarine attack in the Turtle, attempting to attach a time bomb to the hull of HMS Eagle in New York Harbor (no British records of this attack exist).
- 1778American Revolutionary War: France invades Dominica in the British West Indies, before Britain is even aware of France’s involvement in the war.
- 1812French invasion of Russia: The Battle of Borodino, the bloodiest battle of the Napoleonic Wars, was fought near Moscow and resulted in a French victory.
- 1818Carl III of Sweden–Norway is crowned king of Norway, in Trondheim.
- 1822Dom Pedro I declares Brazil independent from Portugal on the shores of the Ipiranga Brook in São Paulo.
- 1857Mountain Meadows massacre: Mormon settlers slaughter most members of peaceful, emigrant wagon train.
- 1860Italian unification: Giuseppe Garibaldi enters Naples.
- 1864American Civil War: Atlanta is evacuated on orders of Union General William Tecumseh Sherman.
- 1873Emilio Castelar y Ripoll becomes President of the First Spanish Republic.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)