The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 6, 1947 – Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to schedule a flight around the world.
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 25, 1947 – An explosion in a coal mine in Centralia, Illinois kills 111.
- April 6, 1947 – The first Tony Awards are presented for theatrical achievement.
- April 16, 1947 – Bernard Baruch coins the term “Cold War” to describe the relationship between the United States and the Soviet Union.
- September 15, 1947 – Typhoon Kathleen hit the Kanto Region in Japan killing 1,077.
- September 16, 1947 – Typhoon Kathleen hits Saitama, Tokyo and Tone River area, at least 1,930 killed.
- September 18, 1947 – The National Security Council and the Central Intelligence Agency are established in the United States under the National Security Act.
- October 26, 1947 – The Maharaja of Kashmir and Jammu agrees to allow his kingdom to join India.
- November 6, 1947 – Meet the Press makes its television debut (the show went to a weekly schedule on September 12, 1948).
Who Were Born On 1947?
- February 5, 1947 – Clemente Mastella, Italian politician, Italian Minister of Justice
- March 18, 1947 – Patrick Barlow, English actor and playwright
- March 30, 1947 – Ryszard Kotla, Polish journalist and author
- April 3, 1947 – Pat Proft, American actor and screenwriter
- April 18, 1947 – Dorothy Lyman, American actress, director, and producer
- May 22, 1947 – Joseph P. McFadden, American bishop (d. 2013)
- May 31, 1947 – David Rowlands, English civil servant (d. 2014)
- July 27, 1947 – Kazuyoshi Miura, Japanese businessman (d. 2008)
- August 2, 1947 – Ruth Bakke, Norwegian organist and composer
- December 29, 1947 – Richard Crandall, American physicist and computer scientist (d. 2012)