The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 8, 1947 – Thirteen thousand troops of the Republic of China Army arrive in Taiwan after the 228 Incident and launch crackdowns which kill thousands of people, including many elites. This turns into a major root of the Taiwan independence movement.
- March 12, 1947 – The Truman Doctrine is proclaimed to help stem the spread of Communism.
- April 30, 1947 – In Nevada, the Boulder Dam is renamed the Hoover Dam a second time.
- June 10, 1947 – Saab produces its first automobile.
- August 12, 1947 – United Nations Security Council Resolution 29 relating to UN membership of Yemen and Pakistan is adopted.
- September 18, 1947 – The National Security Council and the Central Intelligence Agency are established in the United States under the National Security Act.
- November 13, 1947 – The Soviet Union completes development of the AK-47, one of the first proper assault rifles.
- November 17, 1947 – American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Houser Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th century.
- November 25, 1947 – New Zealand ratifies the Statute of Westminster and thus becomes independent of legislative control by the United Kingdom.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- February 20, 1947 – André van Duin, Dutch actor and singer
- March 6, 1947 – Judy Loe, English actress
- March 7, 1947 – Richard Lawson, American actor and producer
- March 14, 1947 – Jona Lewie, English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Terry Dactyl and the Dinosaurs and Brett Marvin and the Thunderbolts)
- April 18, 1947 – James Woods, American actor and producer
- May 13, 1947 – Edgar Burcksen, Dutch-American film editor
- June 19, 1947 – John Ralston Saul, Canadian philosopher and author
- September 2, 1947 – Richard Coughlan, English drummer (Caravan and The Wilde Flowers) (d. 2013)
- October 11, 1947 – George McCorkle, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Marshall Tucker Band) (d. 2007)
- October 12, 1947 – Chris Wallace, American journalist