The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 6, 1947 – Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to schedule a flight around the world.
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- January 25, 1947 – Thomas Goldsmith Jr. files a patent for a “Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device”, the first ever electronic game.
- June 24, 1947 – Kenneth Arnold makes the first widely reported UFO sighting near Mount Rainier, Washington.
- July 19, 1947 – Korean politician Lyuh Woon-hyung is assassinated.
- September 18, 1947 – The National Security Council and the Central Intelligence Agency are established in the United States under the National Security Act.
- October 14, 1947 – Captain Chuck Yeager of the United States Air Force flies a Bell X-1 rocket-powered experimental aircraft, the Glamorous Glennis, faster than the speed of sound at Mach 1.06 (700 miles per hour (1,100 km/h; 610 kn) over the high desert of Southern California and becomes the first pilot and the first airplane to do so in level flight.
- November 29, 1947 – Partition Plan: The United Nations General Assembly approves a plan for the partition of Palestine.
- December 2, 1947 – Jerusalem Riots of 1947: Riots break out in Jerusalem in response to the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- March 5, 1947 – Kent Tekulve, American baseball player and sportscaster
- March 6, 1947 – Jean Seaton, English historian and academic
- March 22, 1947 – Maarten van Gent, Dutch basketball player and coach
- June 20, 1947 – Ray East, English cricketer
- June 23, 1947 – Bryan Brown, Australian actor and producer
- June 30, 1947 – Barry Bremen, American businessman (d. 2011)
- July 19, 1947 – Bernie Leadon, American guitarist and songwriter (The Eagles, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Run C&W, and Hearts & Flowers)
- August 30, 1947 – Allan Rock, Canadian lawyer, politician, and diplomat, Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations
- November 12, 1947 – Ron Bryant, American baseball player
- December 5, 1947 – Rudy Fernandez, Filipino triathlete