The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 1, 1947 – The American and British occupation zones in Germany, after World War II, merge to form the Bizone, which later (with the French zone) became part of West Germany.
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1947 – Paul becomes king of Greece, on the death of his childless elder brother, George II.
- June 25, 1947 – The Diary of a Young Girl (better known as The Diary of Anne Frank) is published.
- October 20, 1947 – The House Un-American Activities Committee begins its investigation into Communist infiltration of Hollywood, resulting in a blacklist that prevents some from working in the industry for years.
- October 30, 1947 – The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which is the foundation of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), is founded.
- November 17, 1947 – The Screen Actors Guild implements an anti-Communist loyalty oath.
- November 30, 1947 – 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
- December 6, 1947 – The Everglades National Park in Florida is dedicated.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- March 12, 1947 – Peter Harry Carstensen, German educator and politician
- March 22, 1947 – Maarten van Gent, Dutch basketball player and coach
- April 4, 1947 – Wiranto, Indonesian general and politician
- May 18, 1947 – Gail Strickland, American actress
- May 21, 1947 – Bill Champlin, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Chicago and Sons of Champlin)
- May 25, 1947 – Catherine G. Wolf, American psychologist and computer scientist
- September 6, 1947 – Keone Young, American actor
- September 8, 1947 – Marianne Wiggins, American author
- September 19, 1947 – Henry Bromell, American author and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- December 5, 1947 – Don Touhig, Welsh journalist and politician