The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 1, 1947 – The American and British occupation zones in Germany, after World War II, merge to form the Bizone, which later (with the French zone) became part of West Germany.
- January 6, 1947 – Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to schedule a flight around the world.
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- April 15, 1947 – Jackie Robinson debuts for the Brooklyn Dodgers, breaking baseball’s color line.
- April 16, 1947 – Bernard Baruch coins the term “Cold War” to describe the relationship between the United States and the Soviet Union.
- August 2, 1947 – A British South American Airways Avro Lancastrian airliner crashes into a mountain during a flight from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Santiago, Chile. The wreckage would not be found until 1998.
- August 4, 1947 – The Supreme Court of Japan is established.
- September 16, 1947 – Typhoon Kathleen hits Saitama, Tokyo and Tone River area, at least 1,930 killed.
- September 30, 1947 – Pakistan and Yemen join the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- January 8, 1947 – Laurie Walters, American actress
- March 16, 1947 – Ramzan Paskayev, Kazakh accordion player and composer
- May 21, 1947 – Jonathan Hyde, Australian-English actor
- June 4, 1947 – Ashok Saraf, Indian actor
- June 24, 1947 – Peter Weller, American actor and director
- July 19, 1947 – André Forcier, Canadian director and screenwriter
- July 28, 1947 – Sally Struthers, American actress and singer
- September 12, 1947 – Gerald Howarth, English soldier, pilot, and politician, Minister for International Security Strategy
- October 12, 1947 – Chris Wallace, American journalist
- December 8, 1947 – Gregg Allman, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Allman Brothers Band and Hour Glass)