The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- April 28, 1947 – Thor Heyerdahl and five crew mates set out from Peru on the Kon-Tiki to prove that Peruvian natives could have settled Polynesia.
- June 23, 1947 – The United States Senate follows the United States House of Representatives in overriding U.S. President Harry Truman’s veto of the Taft–Hartley Act.
- July 11, 1947 – The Exodus 1947 heads to Palestine from France.
- August 11, 1947 – Muhammad Ali Jinnah, founding father of Pakistan, gives a speech to the Constituent Assembly, the contents and meaning of which remain contentious today.
- September 16, 1947 – Typhoon Kathleen hits Saitama, Tokyo and Tone River area, at least 1,930 killed.
- September 30, 1947 – The World Series, featuring the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers, is televised for the first time.
- November 17, 1947 – The Screen Actors Guild implements an anti-Communist loyalty oath.
- November 29, 1947 – Partition Plan: The United Nations General Assembly approves a plan for the partition of Palestine.
- December 14, 1947 – Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, home of Real Madrid C.F., staged its first football match.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- March 10, 1947 – Andrew Parrott, English conductor and director
- April 8, 1947 – Steve Howe, English guitarist, songwriter, and producer (Yes, Asia, Tomorrow, GTR, and Bodast)
- May 25, 1947 – Karen Valentine, American actress
- June 6, 1947 – David Blunkett, English academic and politician, Secretary of State for Education
- July 19, 1947 – André Forcier, Canadian director and screenwriter
- July 23, 1947 – David Essex, English singer-songwriter, and actor
- August 13, 1947 – Fred Stanley, American baseball player and manager
- August 23, 1947 – Terje Rypdal, Norwegian guitarist and songwriter (The Vanguards)
- October 23, 1947 – Kazimierz Deyna, Polish footballer (d. 1989)
- December 27, 1947 – Doug Livermore, English footballer and manager