The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 21, 1947 – In New York City, Edwin Land demonstrates the first “instant camera”, the Polaroid Land Camera, to a meeting of the Optical Society of America.
- February 28, 1947 – 228 Incident: In Taiwan, civil disorder is put down with the loss of an estimated 30,000 civilians.
- March 8, 1947 – Thirteen thousand troops of the Republic of China Army arrive in Taiwan after the 228 Incident and launch crackdowns which kill thousands of people, including many elites. This turns into a major root of the Taiwan independence movement.
- April 28, 1947 – Thor Heyerdahl and five crew mates set out from Peru on the Kon-Tiki to prove that Peruvian natives could have settled Polynesia.
- July 19, 1947 – Korean politician Lyuh Woon-hyung is assassinated.
- August 7, 1947 – Thor Heyerdahl’s balsa wood raft the Kon-Tiki, smashes into the reef at Raroia in the Tuamotu Islands after a 101-day, 7000 km journey across the Pacific Ocean in an attempt to prove that pre-historic peoples could have traveled from South America.
- August 11, 1947 – Muhammad Ali Jinnah, founding father of Pakistan, gives a speech to the Constituent Assembly, the contents and meaning of which remain contentious today.
- November 17, 1947 – The Screen Actors Guild implements an anti-Communist loyalty oath.
- November 25, 1947 – New Zealand ratifies the Statute of Westminster and thus becomes independent of legislative control by the United Kingdom.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- January 16, 1947 – Elaine Murphy, Baroness Murphy, English academic and politician
- April 4, 1947 – Ray Fosse, American baseball player and sportscaster
- April 16, 1947 – Gerry Rafferty, Scottish singer-songwriter (The Humblebums and Stealers Wheel) (d. 2011)
- June 5, 1947 – Tom Evans, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Badfinger) (d. 1983)
- June 10, 1947 – Ken Singleton, American baseball player and sportscaster
- September 25, 1947 – Firmine Richard, French actress
- October 9, 1947 – France Gall, French singer
- November 2, 1947 – Dave Pegg, English bass player and producer (Fairport Convention, Jethro Tull, and Ian Campbell Folk Group)
- November 3, 1947 – Siiri Oviir, Estonian politician, 3rd Estonian Minister of Social Affairs
- December 12, 1947 – Will Alsop, English architect, designed the Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre