The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1947 – 228 Incident: In Taiwan, civil disorder is put down with the loss of an estimated 30,000 civilians.
- March 1, 1947 – The International Monetary Fund begins financial operations.
- April 9, 1947 – The Glazier–Higgins–Woodward tornadoes kill 181 and injure 970 in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
- September 9, 1947 – First case of a computer bug being found: A moth lodges in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at Harvard University.
- October 20, 1947 – The House Un-American Activities Committee begins its investigation into Communist infiltration of Hollywood, resulting in a blacklist that prevents some from working in the industry for years.
- November 6, 1947 – Meet the Press makes its television debut (the show went to a weekly schedule on September 12, 1948).
- November 25, 1947 – New Zealand ratifies the Statute of Westminster and thus becomes independent of legislative control by the United Kingdom.
- December 22, 1947 – The Constituent Assembly of Italy approves the Constitution of Italy.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- January 16, 1947 – Sara Jane Olson, American criminal
- February 20, 1947 – André van Duin, Dutch actor and singer
- March 3, 1947 – Jennifer Warnes, American singer-songwriter and producer
- March 22, 1947 – Maarten van Gent, Dutch basketball player and coach
- April 27, 1947 – Keith Magnuson, Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2003)
- May 2, 1947 – James Dyson, English businessman, founded the Dyson Company
- July 12, 1947 – Richard C. McCarty, American psychologist and academic
- August 14, 1947 – Joop van Daele, Dutch footballer and manager
- August 23, 1947 – Rex Allen, Jr., American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- October 16, 1947 – Terry Griffiths, Welsh snooker player and coach