The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 1, 1947 – The Canadian Citizenship Act 1946 comes into effect, converting British subjects into Canadian citizens. Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King becomes the first Canadian citizen.
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 18, 1947 – First Indochina War: The French gain complete control of Hanoi after forcing the Viet Minh to withdraw to mountains.
- March 25, 1947 – An explosion in a coal mine in Centralia, Illinois kills 111.
- April 28, 1947 – Thor Heyerdahl and five crew mates set out from Peru on the Kon-Tiki to prove that Peruvian natives could have settled Polynesia.
- April 30, 1947 – In Nevada, the Boulder Dam is renamed the Hoover Dam a second time.
- July 19, 1947 – Korean politician Lyuh Woon-hyung is assassinated.
- November 2, 1947 – In California, designer Howard Hughes performs the maiden (and only) flight of the Spruce Goose or H-4 The Hercules; the largest fixed-wing aircraft ever built.
- November 13, 1947 – The Soviet Union completes development of the AK-47, one of the first proper assault rifles.
- December 30, 1947 – King Michael I of Romania is forced to abdicate by the Soviet Union-backed Communist government of Romania.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- March 4, 1947 – Bob Lewis, American guitarist (Devo)
- March 8, 1947 – Vladimír Mišík, Czech singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Matadors, Blue Effect, Flamengo, and Etc..)
- April 12, 1947 – Woody Johnson, American businessman and philanthropist
- April 23, 1947 – Glenn Cornick, English bass player (Jethro Tull and Paris) (d. 2014)
- June 5, 1947 – David Hare, English director, playwright, and screenwriter
- September 9, 1947 – Freddy Weller, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Paul Revere & the Raiders)
- October 1, 1947 – Nevill Drury, English-Australian journalist and publisher (d. 2013)
- October 3, 1947 – Anne Dorte of Rosenborg (d. 2014)
- October 12, 1947 – Chris Wallace, American journalist
- December 31, 1947 – Rita Lee, Brazilian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actress (Os Mutantes)