The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 25, 1947 – An explosion in a coal mine in Centralia, Illinois kills 111.
- April 9, 1947 – The Journey of Reconciliation, the first interracial Freedom Ride begins through the upper South in violation of Jim Crow laws. The riders wanted enforcement of the United States Supreme Court’s 1946 Irene Morgan decision that banned racial segregation in interstate travel.
- August 4, 1947 – The Supreme Court of Japan is established.
- September 16, 1947 – Typhoon Kathleen hits Saitama, Tokyo and Tone River area, at least 1,930 killed.
- September 18, 1947 – The United States Air Force becomes an independent branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- November 13, 1947 – The Soviet Union completes development of the AK-47, one of the first proper assault rifles.
- November 17, 1947 – The Screen Actors Guild implements an anti-Communist loyalty oath.
- December 17, 1947 – First flight of the Boeing B-47 Stratojet strategic bomber.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- January 8, 1947 – Laurie Walters, American actress
- February 10, 1947 – Butch Morris, American cornet player, composer, and conductor (d. 2013)
- March 27, 1947 – Oliver Friggieri, Maltese author and poet
- June 22, 1947 – Howard Kaylan, American singer-songwriter (The Turtles, The Mothers of Invention, and Flo & Eddie)
- July 15, 1947 – Lydia Davis, American author, translator, and academic
- July 19, 1947 – André Forcier, Canadian director and screenwriter
- July 22, 1947 – Gilles Duceppe, Canadian politician
- July 29, 1947 – Dick Harmon, American golfer and coach (d. 2006)
- August 19, 1947 – Gerard Schwarz, American conductor and director
- November 22, 1947 – Valerie Wilson Wesley, American journalist and author