The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1947
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 12, 1947 – Christian Dior unveils a “New Look”, helping Paris regain its position as the capital of the fashion world.
- March 17, 1947 – First flight of the B-45 Tornado strategic bomber.
- April 9, 1947 – The Journey of Reconciliation, the first interracial Freedom Ride begins through the upper South in violation of Jim Crow laws. The riders wanted enforcement of the United States Supreme Court’s 1946 Irene Morgan decision that banned racial segregation in interstate travel.
- April 28, 1947 – Thor Heyerdahl and five crew mates set out from Peru on the Kon-Tiki to prove that Peruvian natives could have settled Polynesia.
- June 5, 1947 – Marshall Plan: In a speech at Harvard University, the United States Secretary of State George Marshall calls for economic aid to war-torn Europe.
- June 10, 1947 – Saab produces its first automobile.
- September 15, 1947 – RCA releases the 12AX7 vacuum tube.
- November 2, 1947 – In California, designer Howard Hughes performs the maiden (and only) flight of the Spruce Goose or H-4 The Hercules; the largest fixed-wing aircraft ever built.
- November 25, 1947 – New Zealand ratifies the Statute of Westminster and thus becomes independent of legislative control by the United Kingdom.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- February 17, 1947 – Helge Jordal, Norwegian actor and singer
- March 10, 1947 – Kim Campbell, Canadian lawyer and politician, 19th Prime Minister of Canada
- March 27, 1947 – Aad de Mos, Dutch footballer and manager
- July 2, 1947 – Ann Taylor, Baroness Taylor of Bolton, English politician, Minister for International Security Strategy
- August 29, 1947 – Temple Grandin, American ethologist, academic, and author
- September 15, 1947 – Viggo Jensen, Danish footballer and manager
- September 19, 1947 – Thomas H. Cook, American author and academic
- September 27, 1947 – Barbara Dickson, Scottish singer-songwriter and actress
- December 2, 1947 – Ivan Atanassov Petrov, Bulgarian neurologist and author
- December 16, 1947 – Martyn Poliakoff, English chemist and academic