Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 10th of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 10, 1980 was a Sunday and it was the 223rd day of the year 1980. It was the 32nd Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 265 days left before your next birthday. You will be 39 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,979 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,660 days or 12.76 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 473 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 23 at 05:41:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 18, 2012.
If a dog named Gimbal - a Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 172 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Gimbal will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Gimbal will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1898Jack Haley
- 1923Rhonda Fleming
- 1928Gus Mercurio
- 1931Tom Laughlin
- 1943Louise Forestier
- 1950Rémy Girard
- 1962Julia Fordham
- 1971Justin Theroux
- 1990Lucas Till
- 1992Go Ah-sung
View the complete list of August 10 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 10.
- 1872William Manuel Johnson, American bassist (d. 1972)
- 1894V. V. Giri, Indian lawyer and politician, 4th President of India (d. 1980)
- 1909Leo Fender, American businessman, founded Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (d. 1991)
- 1913Wolfgang Paul, German physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1993)
- 1927Jimmy Martin, American singer and guitarist (d. 2005)
- 1942Betsey Johnson, American fashion designer
- 1979Rémy Martin, French rugby player
- 1981Malek Mouath, Saudi Arabian footballer
- 1982Shaun Murphy, English snooker player
- 1983C.B. Dollaway, American mixed martial artist
View the complete list of August 10 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1519Ferdinand Magellan’s five ships set sail from Seville to circumnavigate the globe. The Basque second-in-command Juan Sebastián Elcano will complete the expedition after Magellan’s death in the Philippines.
- 1557Battle of St. Quentin: Spanish victory over the French in the Italian War of 1551–59.
- 1628The Swedish warship Vasa sinks in the Stockholm harbour after only about 20 minutes of her maiden voyage.
- 1675The foundation stone of the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London, England is laid.
- 1901The U.S. Steel Recognition Strike by the Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers begins.
- 1944World War II: The Battle of Narva ends with a combined German–Estonian force successfully defending Narva, Estonia, from invading Soviet troops.
- 1949U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs the National Security Act Amendment, streamlining the defense agencies of the United States government, and replacing the Department of War with the United States Department of Defense.
- 1953First Indochina War: The French Union withdraws its forces from Operation Camargue against the Viet Minh in central Vietnam.
- 1969A day after murdering Sharon Tate and four others, members of Charles Manson’s cult kill Leno and Rosemary LaBianca.
- 1990The Magellan space probe reaches Venus.
View the complete list of August 10 historical events.
Curious about this Unreal Green Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 10, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Doug Pinnick, Yūji Kishi, Veronica Hurst, John Balance, Bobby Davro, Martha Davis, David Thornton, Jon Auer, Tomiko Van, Jeff Martin.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 10 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 10, 1980.
Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 10th August 1980 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 18, 1957. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +123. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 8, 1992. Your incompatibility score is -117. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 16, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Poland approximately on 1350. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, docks.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 10th August 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 10, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 223rd day of 1980
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 32nd Sunday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2020: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 265 days
- Age on next birthday: 39 years old
- Days since birth: 13,979 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,660 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.76 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 473
- Next full moon: November 23 at 05:41:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 18, 2012
- Age in dog years: 172 dog years old using a Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 18, 1957 (+123)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 8, 1992 (-117)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Magic by Olivia Newton-John (August 16, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 5, 1970 – John Frusciante, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Swahili Blonde, and Ataxia); September 27, 1965 – Robert Baldwin, Canadian-Japanese actor; September 24, 1922 – John Moffatt, English actor and playwright (d. 2012).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,897