Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 11th of August 1948 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 11, 1948 was a Wednesday and it was the 224th day of the year 1948. The next time you can reuse your old 1948 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 360 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,572 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth then you have slept a total of 8,524 days or 23 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 866 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 26 at 11:58:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 19, 1980.
If a dog named Kobuk - a Shetland Sheepdog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 300 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Kobuk will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Kobuk will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1927Stuart Rosenberg
- 1950Erik Brann
- 1951Vincent Bilodeau
- 1967Enrique Bunbury
- 1968Anna Gunn
- 1968Charlie Sexton
- 1973Carolyn Murphy
- 1973Nigel Harman
- 1986Kaori Fukuhara
- 1993Gita Gutawa
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 11.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 11.
- 1748Joseph Schuster, German composer (d. 1812)
- 1925Floyd Curry, Canadian ice hockey player and manager (d. 2006)
- 1946John Conlee, American singer-songwriter
- 1953Wijda Mazereeuw, Dutch swimmer
- 1954Joe Jackson, English singer-songwriter
- 1959Gustavo Cerati, Argentinian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Soda Stereo) (d. 2014)
- 1981Daniel Poohl, Swedish journalist
- 1981Fiona Sit, Hong Kong singer and actress
- 1987Dany N'Guessan, French footballer
- 1993Sean McGinty, English-Irish footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 11.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1786Captain Francis Light establishes the British colony of Penang in Malaysia.
- 1813In Colombia, Juan del Corral declares the independence of Antioquia.
- 1942Actress Hedy Lamarr and composer George Antheil receive a patent for a Frequency-hopping spread spectrum communication system that later became the basis for modern technologies in wireless telephones and Wi-Fi.
- 1965Race riots (the Watts Riots) begin in the Watts area of Los Angeles, California.
- 1968The last steam hauled train runs on British Rail
- 1972Vietnam War: The last United States ground combat unit leaves South Vietnam.
- 1979Two Aeroflot Tupolev Tu-134s collide over the Ukrainian city of Dniprodzerzhynsk and crash, killing all 178 aboard both airliners.
- 1982A bomb explodes on Pan Am Flight 830, en route from Tokyo, Japan to Honolulu, Hawaii, killing one passenger and injuring 15 others.
- 1984“We begin bombing in five minutes” – United States President Ronald Reagan, while running for re-election, jokes while preparing to make his weekly Saturday address on National Public Radio.
- 2003NATO takes over command of the peacekeeping force in Afghanistan, marking its first major operation outside Europe in its 54-year-history.
View the complete list of historical events for August 11.
Curious about this Tokyo Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 11 and 1948 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: J. D. Souther, Maggie Wheeler, Alexei Sayle, Cristina Deutekom, Johnny Briggs, Joey Heatherton, Michael Penn, Kree Harrison, Yasmin, Brenna O'Brien.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 11 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on August 11, 1948.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Eastern Australia approximately on 1700. Your profession was map maker, astrologer, astronomer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: It always seemed to you, that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson – to trust your intuition as your best guide in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 18, 1957 – Vanna White, American actress and game show host; July 26, 1931 – Robert Colbert, American actor; April 20, 1972 – Željko Joksimović, Serbian singer-songwriter, and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,278