Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 12th of August 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 12, 1940 was a Monday and it was the 225th day of the year 1940. It was the 33rd Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 60 days left before your next birthday. You will be 81 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,525 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,842 days or 26.95 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,000 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 20, 1972.
If a dog named Karamel - a Otterhound breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 415 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Karamel will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Karamel will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1922Fulton Mackay
- 1949Alex Naumik
- 1954Sam J. Jones
- 1959Amanda Redman
- 1961Lawrence Hayward
- 1965Peter Krause
- 1971Yvette Nicole Brown
- 1972Demir Demirkan
- 1980Jade Villalon
- 1991Jesinta Campbell
View the complete list of August 12 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 12.
- 1503Christian III of Denmark (d. 1559)
- 1880Christy Mathewson, American baseball player and manager (d. 1925)
- 1899Ben Sealey, Trinidadian cricketer (d. 1963)
- 1943Deborah Walley, American actress and singer (d. 2001)
- 1949Mark Knopfler, Scottish-English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Dire Straits and The Notting Hillbillies)
- 1954François Hollande, French lawyer and politician, 24th President of France
- 1964Michael Hagan, Australian rugby player and coach
- 1973Joseba Beloki, Spanish cyclist
- 1983Kana Asumi, Japanese voice actress and singer
- 1993Rodrigo Alborno, Paraguayan footballer
View the complete list of August 12 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UYISAOGNWEWHH? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UYISAOGNWEWHH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1099First Crusade: Battle of Ascalon Crusaders under the command of Godfrey of Bouillon defeat Fatimid forces led by Al-Afdal Shahanshah. This is considered the last engagement of the First Crusade.
- 1121Battle of Didgori: The Georgian army under King David IV wins a decisive victory over the famous Seljuk commander Ilghazi.
- 1851Isaac Singer is granted a patent for his sewing machine.
- 1914World War I: The Battle of Haelen a.k.a. (Battle of the Silver Helmets) a clash between large Belgian and German cavalry formations at Halen, Belgium.
- 1944Nazi German troops end the week-long Wola massacre, during which time at least 40,000 people were killed indiscriminately or in mass executions.
- 1948USS Nevada is struck from the naval record.
- 1977The first free flight of the Space Shuttle Enterprise.
- 1990Sue, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton found to date, is discovered by Sue Hendrickson in South Dakota.
- 2012The closing ceremony of the Summer Olympics are held at the Olympic Stadium in London.
- 2015At least two massive explosions kill 145 people and injure nearly 800 in Tianjin, China.
View the complete list of August 12 historical events.
Curious about this Imperial Pink Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 12, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Huey P. Meaux, Félix Leclerc, Peter Nelson, Nikolai Sorokin, Cherie Chung, Porter Robinson, Diana Bolocco, Stacey Dash, William Windom, Le1f.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 12 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 12, 1940.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 12th August 1940 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 5, 1932. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +144. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 12, 1926. Your score is -192. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Turkey approximately on 750. Your profession was handicraftsman, mechanic.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 12” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 12, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 225th day of 1940
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 33rd Monday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2023: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 60 days
- Age on next birthday: 81 years old
- Days since birth: 29,525 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,842 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.95 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,000
- Next full moon: June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 20, 1972
- Age in dog years: 415 dog years old using a Otterhound breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: January 5, 1932 (+144)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 12, 1926 (-192)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
- Roman numerals: XII.VIII.MCMXL
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 29, 1970 – Emily Lloyd, English actress; September 7, 1937 – Cüneyt Arkın, Turkish actor, director, producer, and screenwriter; July 20, 1979 – Charlotte Hatherley, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Ash and Nightnurse).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,855