Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1908 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1908 was a Sunday and it was the 229th day of the year 1908. The next time you can reuse your old 1908 calendar will be in 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 22 days left before your next birthday. You will be 109 years old when that day comes. There have been 39,790 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 1,347 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 7 at 18:13:00 GMT – Monday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1910Gloria Blondell
- 1927Lois Nettleton
- 1928Eddie Kirkland
- 1934John Standing
- 1934Pierre Richard
- 1937David Behrman
- 1952Reginald VelJohnson
- 1969Kate Higgins
- 1990Kōki Uchiyama
- 1994Tippy Dos Santos
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 16.
Seriously, how much do you know yourself? Do you want to gain true understanding of the real you? It’s all about you! Your confidence, your nature, your career and you as a person. Get your personality profile reports or download free samples!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1892Otto Messmer, American cartoonist and animator, co-created Felix the Cat (d. 1983)
- 1894George Meany, American plumber and labor leader (d. 1980)
- 1895Albert Cohen, Greek-Swiss author and playwright (d. 1981)
- 1928Eydie Gormé, American singer and actress (d. 2013)
- 1939Seán Brady, Irish cardinal
- 1947Katharine Hamnett, English fashion designer
- 1948Mike Jorgensen, American baseball player and manager
- 1962Steve Carell, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1967Ulrika Jonsson, Swedish journalist, actress, and author
- 1979Eduardo Maiorino, Brazilian mixed martial artist and kick-boxer (d. 2012)
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 16.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1 BCWang Mang consolidates his power and is declared marshal of state. Emperor Ai of Han, who had died the previous day, had no heirs.
- 1513Battle of the Spurs (Battle of Guinegate): King Henry VIII of England and his Imperial allies defeat French Forces who are then forced to retreat.
- 1819Peterloo Massacre: Seventeen people die and over 600 are injured in cavalry charges at a public meeting at St. Peter’s Field, Manchester, England.
- 1869Battle of Acosta Ñu: A Paraguayan battalion made up of children is massacred by the Brazilian Army during the Paraguayan War.
- 1913Tōhoku Imperial University of Japan (modern day Tohoku University) becomes the first university in Japan to admit female students.
- 1923The United Kingdom gives the name “Ross Dependency” to part of its claimed Antarctic territory and makes the Governor-General of the Dominion of New Zealand its administrator.
- 1930The first color sound cartoon, called Fiddlesticks, is made by Ub Iwerks.
- 1946Mass riots in Kolkata begin, in which more than 4,000 would be killed in 72 hours.
- 1946The All Hyderabad Trade Union Congress is founded in Secunderabad.
- 2013The ferry St. Thomas Aquinas collides with a cargo ship and sinks at Cebu, Philippines, killing 61 people and 59 others missing.
View the complete list of historical events for August 16.
Curious about this Blue Cosmopolitan? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16 and 1908 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ellen Hamilton Latzen, Shōfukutei Tsurube II, Peter Criss, Charley Chase, Natassa Theodoridou, Lee Bergere, Denise Pelletier, Aubrey Woods, Patience Cleveland, Gina Glocksen.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on August 16, 1908.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 19, 1927 – L. Q. Jones, American actor and director; March 24, 1989 – Aziz Shavershian, Russian-Australian bodybuilder and model (d. 2011); December 10, 1913 – Harry Locke, English actor (d. 1987).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,042