Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1961 was a Wednesday and it was the 228th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 300 days left before your next birthday. You will be 57 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,519 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 695 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 4 at 05:24:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1910Gloria Blondell
- 1948Barry Hay
- 1952Reginald VelJohnson
- 1953Kathie Lee Gifford
- 1954James Cameron
- 1957Laura Innes
- 1975George Stults
- 1980Vanessa Carlton
- 1985Arden Cho
- 1987Eri Kitamura
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 16.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1682Louis, Dauphin of France, Duke of Burgundy (d. 1712)
- 1862Amos Alonzo Stagg, American baseball player and coach (d. 1965)
- 1928Eydie Gormé, American singer and actress (d. 2013)
- 1949Bill Spooner, American guitarist and songwriter (The Tubes)
- 1964Barry Venison, English footballer and journalist
- 1975Didier Agathe, French footballer
- 1975Pantelis Konstantinidis, Greek footballer
- 1980Emerson Ramos Borges, Brazilian footballer
- 1983Tomoko Honda, Japanese announcer
- 1989Wang Hao, Chinese race walker
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 16.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1792Maximilien de Robespierre presents the petition of the Commune of Paris to the Legislative Assembly, which demanded the formation of a revolutionary tribunal.
- 1841U.S. President John Tyler vetoes a bill which called for the re-establishment of the Second Bank of the United States. Enraged Whig Party members riot outside the White House in the most violent demonstration on White House grounds in U.S. history.
- 1913Completion of the Royal Navy battlecruiser HMS Queen Mary.
- 1923The United Kingdom gives the name “Ross Dependency” to part of its claimed Antarctic territory and makes the Governor-General of the Dominion of New Zealand its administrator.
- 1930The first color sound cartoon, called Fiddlesticks, is made by Ub Iwerks.
- 1960Cyprus gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1962Eight years after the remaining French India territories were handed to India, the ratifications of the treaty are exchanged to make the transfer official.
- 1964Vietnam War: A coup d'état replaces Dương Văn Minh with General Nguyễn Khánh as President of South Vietnam. A new constitution is established with aid from the U.S. Embassy.
- 1987Northwest Airlines Flight 255 a McDonnell Douglas MD-82 crashes after take off in Detroit, Michigan, killing 154 of the 155 on board, plus two people on the ground.
- 2014The Summer Youth Olympics open in the Chinese city of Nanjing.
View the complete list of historical events for August 16.
Curious about this Rose Lychee? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Robby Takac, Gilbert Gottfried, Michael Sheen, Ramanand Sagar, Alexis Cruz, Colette Deréal, Brody Jenner, Joe Roth, Don Moen, J. K. Rowling.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 16, 1961.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 21, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Australia approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 27, 1948 – Pavlos Sidiropoulos, Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1990); January 14, 1915 – Mark Goodson, American game show producer; created ''Family Feud'' and ''The Price Is Right'' (d. 1992); November 22, 1981 – Ben Adams, English-Norwegian singer-songwriter and producer (A1).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,215