Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of August 1985 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 17, 1985 was a Saturday and it was the 229th day of the year 1985. It was the 33rd Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1985 calendar will be in 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 327 days left before your next birthday. You will be 36 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,822 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,274 days or 11.70 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 434 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 1 at 21:06:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 25, 2017.
If a dog named Scarsdale - a American English Coonhound breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 177 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Scarsdale will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Scarsdale will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1936Floyd Red Crow Westerman
- 1946Martha Coolidge
- 1959Chika Sakamoto
- 1960Sean Penn
- 1960Stephan Eicher
- 1962Gilby Clarke
- 1977Tarja Turunen
- 1978Ebon Moss-Bachrach
- 1987Paolo Serrano
- 1996Ella Cruz
View the complete list of August 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 17.
- 1786Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld (d. 1861)
- 1895Aris Maliagros, Greek actor and singer (d. 1984)
- 1922Roy Tattersall, England cricketer (d. 2011)
- 1923Larry Rivers, American painter and sculptor (d. 2002)
- 1947Sylvia Nasar, German-American journalist, author, and academic
- 1960Sean Penn, American actor and director
- 1968Andrew Koenig, American actor and director (d. 2010)
- 1971Gonzalo Inzunza Inzunza, Mexican drug lord (d. 2013)
- 1974Tony Hajjar, Lebanese-American drummer (At the Drive-In and Sparta)
- 1985Yū Aoi, Japanese model and actress
View the complete list of August 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CAULKYOOYWMSI? Check your answers here: Words with these letters CAULKYOOYWMSI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1585A first group of colonists sent by Sir Walter Raleigh under the charge of Ralph Lane lands in the New World to create Roanoke Colony on Roanoke Island, off the coast of present-day North Carolina.
- 1717Austro-Turkish War of 1716–18: The month-long Siege of Belgrade ends with Prince Eugene of Savoy’s Austrian troops capturing the city from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1771Edinburgh botanist James Robertson makes the first recorded ascent of Ben Nevis in Scotland
- 1914World War I: Battle of Stallupönen: The German army of General Hermann von François defeats the Russian force commanded by Paul von Rennenkampf near modern-day Nesterov, Russia.
- 1918Bolshevik revolutionary leader Moisei Uritsky is assassinated.
- 1943World War II: The U.S. Seventh Army under General George S. Patton arrives in Messina, Italy, followed several hours later by the British 8th Army under Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery, thus completing the Allied conquest of Sicily.
- 1945Sukarno and Mohammad Hatta proclaim the independence of Indonesia, igniting the Indonesian National Revolution against the Dutch Empire.
- 1950Hill 303 massacre: American POWs are shot to death by the North Korean Army.
- 1970Venera program: Venera 7 launched. It will later become the first spacecraft to successfully transmit data from the surface of another planet (Venus).
- 1978Double Eagle II becomes first balloon to cross the Atlantic Ocean when it lands in Miserey, France near Paris, 137 hours after leaving Presque Isle, Maine.
View the complete list of August 17 historical events.
Curious about this Yellow Drizzle Altos? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 17, and 1985 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ross Bagdasarian, Sr., Anne Jackson, Louis Koo, Tammy Grimes, Eşref Kolçak, Edwin Brienen, Simon Helberg, Pedro Almodóvar, Ruth Chatterton, Diamanda Galás.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 17 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on August 17, 1985.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th August 1985 is Poppy for preparedness.
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,856,462,699. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Shout by Tears for Fears as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 17, 1985). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA North-East approximately on 1425. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 135,970,553 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1985. The estimated number of babies born on 17th August 1985 is 372,522. That’s equivalent to 259 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 48,346 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,906 times in the year 1985. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 17, 1985. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 229th day of 1985
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 33rd Saturday of 1985
- Next same calendar year: 2030
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2022: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 327 days
- Age on next birthday: 36 years old
- Days since birth: 12,822 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,274 days
- Years spent sleeping: 11.70 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 434
- Next full moon: October 1 at 21:06:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 25, 2017
- Age in dog years: 177 dog years old using a American English Coonhound breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- 1985 world population: 4,856,462,699
- Number one song: Shout by Tears for Fears (August 17, 1985)
- Babies born in 1985: 135,970,553
- Babies born in 1985 every day: 372,522
- Babies born in 1985 every minute: 259
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 48,346 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,906 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.VIII.MCMLXXXV
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 24, 1961 – Jared Harris, English actor; June 28, 1946 – Gilda Radner, American actress and singer (d. 1989); September 30, 1933 – Cissy Houston, American singer (Sweet Inspirations and The Drinkard Singers).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,992