Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 21st of August 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 21, 1988 was a Sunday and it was the 234th day of the year 1988. It was the 34th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 186 days left before your next birthday. You will be 31 years old when that day comes. There have been 11,136 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 3,712 days or 10.16 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 377 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on April 29, 2020.
If a dog named Riceball - a American Eskimo Dog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 140 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Riceball will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Riceball will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1915Raquel Rastenni
- 1961Stephen Hillenburg
- 1967Serj Tankian
- 1978Annie Wu
- 1978Fay Wolf
- 1984Eve Torres
- 1985Melissa M
- 1992Song Seung-hyun
View the complete list of August 21 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 21.
- 1754William Murdoch, Scottish engineer and inventor, created gas lighting (d. 1839)
- 1904Count Basie, American pianist, composer, and bandleader (Count Basie Orchestra) (d. 1984)
- 1915Raquel Rastenni, Danish singer (d. 1998)
- 1934Sudhakarrao Naik, Indian lawyer and politician, 13th Chief Minister of Maharashtra (d. 2001)
- 1944Peter Weir, Australian director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1951Chesley V. Morton, American businessman and politician
- 1959Jim McMahon, American football player and coach
- 1964Gary Elkerton, Australian surfer
- 1968Dina Carroll, English singer-songwriter
- 1971Mamadou Diallo, Senegalese footballer
View the complete list of August 21 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1680Pueblo Indians capture Santa Fe from the Spanish during the Pueblo Revolt.
- 1778American Revolutionary War: British forces begin besieging the French outpost at Pondichéry.
- 1821Jarvis Island is discovered by the crew of the ship, Eliza Frances.
- 1897Oldsmobile, a brand of American automobiles, is founded.
- 1944Dumbarton Oaks Conference, prelude to the United Nations, begins.
- 1944World War II: Canadian and Polish units capture the strategically important town of Falaise, Calvados, France.
- 1957The Soviet Union successfully conducts a long-range test flight of the R-7 Semyorka, the first intercontinental ballistic missile.
- 1979Soviet dancer Alexander Godunov defects to the United States.
- 2001The Red Cross announces that a famine is striking Tajikistan, and calls for international financial aid for Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- 2013Hundreds of people are reported killed by chemical attacks in the Ghouta region of Syria.
View the complete list of August 21 historical events.
Curious about this Unreal Green Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 21, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Chad Everett, Don Cornelius, Gui Gui, Matthew Underwood, Colin O'Donoghue, Rina Uchiyama, Irene Gorovaia, Felipe Dylon, Ayumi Hamasaki, Bill Macy.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 21 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 21, 1988.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 21st August 1988 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 9, 1999. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +140. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 21, 1971. Your incompatibility score is -149. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Monkey by George Michael as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 27, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Wales approximately on 800. Your profession was warrior, hunter, fisherman, executor of sacrifices.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition – is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 21st August 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 21, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 234th day of 1988
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 34th Sunday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 186 days
- Age on next birthday: 31 years old
- Days since birth: 11,136 days
- Days spent sleeping: 3,712 days
- Years spent sleeping: 10.16 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 377
- Next full moon: February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 29, 2020
- Age in dog years: 140 dog years old using a American Eskimo Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: August 9, 1999 (+140)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 21, 1971 (-149)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: Monkey by George Michael (August 27, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 14, 1985 – Havana Brown, Australian singer, DJ, and dancer; March 25, 1942 – Richard O'Brien, English actor and screenwriter; August 11, 1971 – Julie Clarke, American model and actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,776