Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 22nd of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 22, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 234th day of the year 1947. It was the 34th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 186 days left before your next birthday. You will be 72 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,112 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,704 days or 23.83 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 884 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 30, 1979.
If a dog named Tonic - a Miniature Pinscher breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 304 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Tonic will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Tonic will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1917John Lee Hooker
- 1961Roland Orzabal
- 1967Yukiko Okada
- 1973Beenie Man
- 1975Rodrigo Santoro
- 1979Angelu de Leon
- 1979Jennifer Finnigan
- 1983Laura Breckenridge
- 1983Miho Ohwada
View the complete list of August 22 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 22.
- 1679Pierre Guérin de Tencin, French cardinal (d. 1758)
- 1800William S. Harney, American general (d. 1889)
- 1895László Almásy, Hungarian captain, pilot, and explorer (d. 1951)
- 1909Julius J. Epstein, American screenwriter and producer (d. 2000)
- 1949Diana Nyad, American swimmer and author
- 1964Mats Wilander, Swedish-American tennis player and coach
- 1971Natalie Ceeney, English businesswoman
- 1972Max Wilson, German-Brazilian race car driver
- 1972Paul Doucette, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and drummer (Matchbox Twenty, The Break and Repair Method, and Tabitha’s Secret)
- 1977Miho Kanno, Japanese actress and singer
View the complete list of August 22 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1717Spanish troops land on Sardinia.
- 1770James Cook names and lands on Possession Island, Queensland and claims the east coast of Australia as New South Wales in the name of King George III.
- 1827José de la Mar becomes President of Peru.
- 1846The Second Federal Republic of Mexico is established.
- 1910Korea is annexed by Japan with the signing of the Japan–Korea Treaty of 1910, beginning a period of Japanese rule of Korea that lasted until the end of World War II.
- 1922Michael Collins, Commander-in-chief of the Irish Free State Army, is shot dead during an Anti-Treaty ambush at Béal na Bláth, County Cork, during the Irish Civil War.
- 1961Ida Siekmann dies attempting to cross the Berlin Wall.
- 1962An attempt to assassinate French president Charles de Gaulle fails.
- 1966Labor movements NFWA and AWOC merge to become the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers.
- 1972Rhodesia is expelled by the IOC for its racist policies.
View the complete list of August 22 historical events.
Curious about this Empyrean Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 22, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: TiA, Jean Chalopin, Sherry Jackson, Jon Foster, Olga Guillot, Missy Peregrym, Ernst Eklund, Zak Orth, Haspop, Leslie Stefanson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 22 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on August 22, 1947.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 22nd August 1947 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 8, 1931. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +188. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 8, 1941. Your incompatibility score is -288. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to learn to understand other people and to meet all life difficulties with joyful heart. You should help others, bringing them spirit of joy.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 22, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 234th day of 1947
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 34th Friday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 186 days
- Age on next birthday: 72 years old
- Days since birth: 26,112 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,704 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.83 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 884
- Next full moon: February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 30, 1979
- Age in dog years: 304 dog years old using a Miniature Pinscher breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: July 8, 1931 (+188)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 8, 1941 (-288)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 24, 1979 – Manuel Cortez, Portuguese-German actor and photographer; October 9, 1978 – Rossa, Indonesian singer; October 5, 1960 – Hitomi Kuroki, Japanese actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,712