Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 22nd of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 22, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 234th day of the year 1947. It was the 34th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 124 days left before your next birthday. You will be 72 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,174 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,725 days or 23.89 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 887 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 18 at 21:13:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 30, 1979.
If a dog named Ppotto - a Curly-Coated Retriever breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 339 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Ppotto will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Ppotto will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1890Cecil Kellaway
- 1909Lucille Ricksen
- 1933Sylva Koscina
- 1939Valerie Harper
- 1959Juan Croucier
- 1968Paul Colman
- 1978Robert Levon Been
- 1979Brandon Adams
- 1988Sarah Major
- 1989Chariz Solomon
View the complete list of August 22 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 22.
- 1760Pope Leo XII (d. 1829)
- 1862Claude Debussy, French pianist and composer (d. 1918)
- 1887Lutz Graf Schwerin von Krosigk, German jurist and politician, German Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 1977)
- 1914Connie B. Gay, American businessman, co-founded the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum (d. 1989)
- 1915David Dellinger, American activist (d. 2004)
- 1922Roberto Aizenberg, Argentinian painter and sculptor (d. 1996)
- 1958Stevie Ray, American wrestler and sportscaster
- 1966Eric Andolsek, American football player (d. 1992)
- 1974Jenna Leigh Green, American actress and singer
- 1979Matt Walters, American football player
View the complete list of August 22 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 392Arbogast has Eugenius elected Western Roman Emperor.
- 1485The Battle of Bosworth Field, the death of Richard III and the end of the House of Plantagenet.
- 1642Charles I calls the English Parliament traitors. The English Civil War begins.
- 1654Jacob Barsimson arrives in New Amsterdam. He is the first known Jewish immigrant to America.
- 1780James Cook’s ship HMS Resolution returns to England (Cook having been killed on Hawaii during the voyage).
- 1932The BBC first experiments with television broadcasting. (See also Timeline of the BBC.)
- 1952The penal colony on Devil’s Island is permanently closed.
- 1966Labor movements NFWA and AWOC merge to become the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers.
- 1968Pope Paul VI arrives in Bogotá, Colombia. It is the first visit of a pope to Latin America.
- 1992FBI HRT sniper Lon Horiuchi shoots and kills Vicki Weaver during an 11-day siege at her home at Ruby Ridge, Idaho.
View the complete list of August 22 historical events.
Curious about this Coconut? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 22, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Cy Leslie, Barbara Rush, Joyce Cheng, Justin Hawkins, Ivian Sarcos, Jon Avila, Tempest Storm, Jake Miller, Brian Tee, Larry Norman.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 22 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on August 22, 1947.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 22nd August 1947 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 8, 1931. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +188. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 8, 1941. Your incompatibility score is -288. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to learn to understand other people and to meet all life difficulties with joyful heart. You should help others, bringing them spirit of joy.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 22” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 22, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 234th day of 1947
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 34th Friday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 124 days
- Age on next birthday: 72 years old
- Days since birth: 26,174 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,725 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.89 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 887
- Next full moon: May 18 at 21:13:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 30, 1979
- Age in dog years: 339 dog years old using a Curly-Coated Retriever breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: July 8, 1931 (+188)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 8, 1941 (-288)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 26, 1970 – James Mercer, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Shins and Broken Bells); May 5, 1955 – Melinda Culea, American actress; May 15, 1974 – Ahmet Zappa, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,837