Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 23rd of August 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 23, 1978 was a Wednesday and it was the 235th day of the year 1978. It was the 34th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 183 days left before your next birthday. You will be 42 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,158 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,053 days or 13.83 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 513 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 9 at 17:49:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 1, 2010.
If a dog named AK - a Stabyhoun breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 204 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 AK will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like AK will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1757Marie Magdalene Charlotte Ackermann
- 1900Malvina Reynolds
- 1929Vera Miles
- 1932Mark Russell
- 1943Pino Presti
- 1965Roger Avary
- 1969Geneviève Brouillette
- 1983Annie Ilonzeh
- 1986Kim Feenstra
View the complete list of August 23 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 23.
- 1852Clímaco Calderón, Colombian lawyer and politician, 15th President of Colombia (d. 1913)
- 1903William Primrose, Scottish viola player and educator (d. 1982)
- 1922George Kell, American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2009)
- 1926Gyula Hernádi, Hungarian author and screenwriter (d. 2005)
- 1931Hamilton O. Smith, American microbiologist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1949Geoff Capes, English shot putter and strongman
- 1956Skipp Sudduth, American actor and director
- 1956Valgerd Svarstad Haugland, Norwegian educator and politician, Norwegian Minister of Culture
- 1982YTCracker, American rapper and DJ
- 1983Annie Ilonzeh, American actress
View the complete list of August 23 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gerardo’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1514The Battle of Chaldiran ends with a decisive victory for the Sultan Selim I, Ottoman Empire, over the Shah Ismail I, founder of the Safavid dynasty.
- 1813At the Battle of Großbeeren, the Prussians under Von Bülow repulse the French army.
- 1929Hebron Massacre during the 1929 Palestine riots: Arab attack on the Jewish community in Hebron in the British Mandate of Palestine, continuing until the next day, resulted in the death of 65–68 Jews and the remaining Jews being forced to leave the city.
- 1944Freckleton Air Disaster: A United States Army Air Forces B-24 Liberator bomber crashes into a school in Freckleton, England killing 61 people.
- 1948World Council of Churches is formed.
- 1958Chinese Civil War: The Second Taiwan Strait Crisis begins with the People’s Liberation Army’s bombardment of Quemoy.
- 1989One thousand six hundred forty-five Australian domestic airline pilots resign after the airlines threaten to fire them and sue them over a dispute.
- 1990Armenia declares its independence from the Soviet Union.
- 1994Eugene Bullard, the only black pilot in World War I, is posthumously commissioned as Second Lieutenant in the United States Air Force.
- 2010Manila hostage crisis, in which eight hostages were killed.
View the complete list of August 23 historical events.
Curious about this Cherry Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 23, and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Robert J. Wilke, Max Beesley, Fatih Erkoç, Jessica Lucas, Joe Jones, Natsuki Katō, Vince Vieluf, Matt Riddlehoover, Rob Van Dam, Stella.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 23 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 23, 1978.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is August 23. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Virgo, sometimes a Leo, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 23rd August 1978 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 19, 1985. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +145. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 7, 1994. Your score is -172. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,304,105,753. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Grease by Frankie Valli as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 26, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Thailand approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn discretion and reason and then teach others to do that. Your life will be happier, when you help those who lack reasoning.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 122,638,528 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1978. The estimated number of babies born on 23rd August 1978 is 335,996. That’s equivalent to 233 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,323 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,158 times in the year 1978. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 23” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 23, 1978. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 235th day of 1978
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 34th Wednesday of 1978
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 183 days
- Age on next birthday: 42 years old
- Days since birth: 15,158 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,053 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.83 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 513
- Next full moon: March 9 at 17:49:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 1, 2010
- Age in dog years: 204 dog years old using a Stabyhoun breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: July 19, 1985 (+145)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 7, 1994 (-172)
- 1978 world population: 4,304,105,753
- Number one song: Grease by Frankie Valli (August 26, 1978)
- Babies born in 1978: 122,638,528
- Babies born in 1978 every day: 335,996
- Babies born in 1978 every minute: 233
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,323 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,158 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIII.VIII.MCMLXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 12, 1905 – Tex Ritter, American singer and actor (d. 1974); March 23, 1961 – Helmi Johannes, Indonesian journalist and producer; November 6, 1966 – Paul Gilbert, American guitarist and singer (Mr. Big, Racer X, and Yellow Matter Custard).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,151