Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of August 1939 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 5, 1939 was a Saturday and it was the 217th day of the year 1939. It was the 31st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1939 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 44 days left before your next birthday. You will be 82 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,907 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,969 days or 27.29 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,012 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 13, 1971.
If a dog named Fetitza - a Doberman Pinscher breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 419 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Fetitza will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Fetitza will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1933Jeffry Wickham
- 1935John Saxon
- 1956Jerry Ciccoritti
- 1957Faith Prince
- 1961Janet McTeer
- 1964Adam Yauch
- 1972Darren Shahlavi
- 1984Helene Fischer
- 1988Princess Salwa Aga Khan
- 1997Adam Irigoyen
View the complete list of August 5 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 5.
- 1922L. Tom Perry, American businessman and religious leader (d. 2015)
- 1935Peter Inge, Baron Inge, English field marshal
- 1950Mahendra Karma, Indian lawyer and politician (d. 2013)
- 1957Clayton Rohner, American actor
- 1960Seth Swirsky, American singer-songwriter
- 1968John Olerud, American baseball player
- 1976Marians Pahars, Latvian footballer and manager
- 1981Alester Maregwede, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1981Erik Guay, Canadian skier
- 1998Mimi Keene, English actress
View the complete list of August 5 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LKBHIHLABNE? Check your answers here: Unscramble words LKBHIHLABNE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 25Guangwu claims the throne as emperor, restoring the Han dynasty after the collapse of the short-lived Xin dynasty.
- 1100Henry I is crowned King of England in Westminster Abbey.
- 1858Cyrus West Field and others complete the first transatlantic telegraph cable after several unsuccessful attempts. It will operate for less than a month.
- 1864American Civil War: The Battle of Mobile Bay begins at Mobile Bay near Mobile, Alabama, Admiral David Farragut leads a Union flotilla through Confederate defenses and seals one of the last major Southern ports.
- 1884The cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty is laid on Bedloe’s Island (now Liberty Island) in New York Harbor.
- 1916World War I: Battle of Romani: Allied forces, under the command of Archibald Murray, defeat an attacking Ottoman army under the command of Friedrich Freiherr Kress von Kressenstein, securing the Suez Canal and beginning the Ottoman retreat from the Sinai Peninsula.
- 1925Plaid Cymru is formed with the aim of disseminating knowledge of the Welsh language that is at the time in danger of dying out.
- 1926Harry Houdini performs his greatest feat, spending 91 minutes underwater in a sealed tank before escaping.
- 1940World War II: The Soviet Union formally annexes Latvia.
- 1964Vietnam War: Operation Pierce Arrow: American aircraft from carriers USS Ticonderoga and USS Constellation bomb North Vietnam in retaliation for strikes against U.S. destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin.
View the complete list of August 5 historical events.
Curious about this Color Bubble Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 5, and 1939 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Morgan Pehme, Richard Berry, Luan Peters, Thayer David, Patrick Levis, Ryuki Takahashi, Glenn Gregory, Amy Lee, James Van Der Beek, Headhunterz.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 5 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 5, 1939.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 5th August 1939 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 1, 1929. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +192. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 6, 1937. Your score is -180. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Central England approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You’re always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 54,903 baby girls. For the boys it’s Robert. This name was recorded 59,645 times in the year 1939. Any chance you are Mary or Robert? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 5” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 5, 1939. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 217th day of 1939
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 31st Saturday of 1939
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2023: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 44 days
- Age on next birthday: 82 years old
- Days since birth: 29,907 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,969 days
- Years spent sleeping: 27.29 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,012
- Next full moon: June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 13, 1971
- Age in dog years: 419 dog years old using a Doberman Pinscher breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: December 1, 1929 (+192)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 6, 1937 (-180)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 54,903 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Robert – 59,645 babies
- Roman numerals: V.VIII.MCMXXXIX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 1, 1961 – Calvin Johnson, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Beat Happening, Dub Narcotic Sound System, The Microphones, Cool Rays, and The Go Team); December 24, 1991 – Louis Tomlinson, English singer-songwriter, actor, and footballer (One Direction); March 23, 1985 – Geoff Eigenmann, Filipino actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,910