Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 6th of August 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 7 minutes. Enjoy!
August 6, 1978 was a Sunday and it was the 218th day of the year 1978. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 257 days left before your next birthday. You will be 40 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,353 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 486 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 3 at 15:49:00 GMT – Sunday.
If a dog named Flag - a Norwegian Lundehund breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 195 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Flag will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Flag will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1619Barbara Strozzi
- 1888Heinrich Schlusnus
- 1918Norman Granz
- 1926Frank Finlay
- 1938Peter Bonerz
- 1952Pat MacDonald
- 1963Tomoyuki Dan
- 1964Moosie Drier
- 1973Iain Morris
- 1974Ever Carradine
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 6.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 6.
- 1902Dutch Schultz, American mob boss (d. 1935)
- 1904Jean Dessès, Greek-Egyptian fashion designer (d. 1970)
- 1926János Rózsás, Hungarian author (d. 2012)
- 1931Chalmers Johnson, American scholar and author (d. 2010)
- 1932Howard Hodgkin, English painter
- 1948William McCrea, Irish soldier and politician
- 1965Mark Speight, English television host (d. 2008)
- 1971Scott Minto, English footballer and sportscaster
- 1975Jason Crump, English-Australian motorcycle racer
- 1982Romola Garai, English model and actress
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 6.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1506The Grand Duchy of Lithuania defeated the Crimean Khanate in the Battle of Kletsk
- 1777American Revolutionary War: The bloody Battle of Oriskany prevents American relief of the Siege of Fort Stanwix.
- 1862American Civil War: The Confederate ironclad CSS Arkansas is scuttled on the Mississippi River after suffering catastrophic engine failure near Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- 1914World War I: First Battle of the Atlantic: Two days after the United Kingdom had declared war on Germany over the German invasion of Belgium, ten German U-boats leave their base in Heligoland to attack Royal Navy warships in the North Sea.
- 1926Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
- 1930Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears never to be seen again.
- 1940Estonia was illegally annexed by the Soviet Union.
- 1944The Warsaw Uprising occurs on August 1. It is brutally suppressed and all able-bodied men in Kraków are detained afterwards to prevent a similar uprising, the Kraków Uprising, that was planned but never carried out.
- 1945World War II: Hiroshima, Japan is devastated when the atomic bomb “Little Boy” is dropped by the United States B-29 Enola Gay. Around 70,000 people are killed instantly, and some tens of thousands die in subsequent years from burns and radiation poisoning.
- 1960Cuban Revolution: Cuba nationalizes American and foreign-owned property in the nation.
View the complete list of historical events for August 6.
Curious about this Strawberry Swirl? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 6 and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Vanessa Stacey, Jimmy Osmond, Tomoko Kawase, Ana Carolina, Ian Paice, Tania Tsanaklidou, Billy Paul, Marie Lloyd, Johnny Goudie, Kiki Dee.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 6 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on August 6, 1978.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Three Times a Lady by Commodores as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 12, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 22, 1974 – Shavo Odadjian, Armenian-American bass player, songwriter, and producer (System of a Down and Achozen); January 12, 1938 – Lewis Fiander, Australian actor; March 23, 1949 – Ric Ocasek, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (The Cars).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,330