Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 220th day of the year 1947. It was the 32nd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 321 days left before your next birthday. You will be 75 years old when that day comes. There have been 27,073 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,024 days or 24.71 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 917 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 16, 1979.
If a dog named Pandita - a Cockapoo breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 316 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Pandita will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Pandita will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1921Esther Williams
- 1938Connie Stevens
- 1942John Gustafson
- 1944Brooke Bundy
- 1951Mamoru Oshii
- 1973Senta Moses
- 1975Mick Moss
- 1987Katie Leung
- 1988Ni Ni
- 1989Ken Baumann
View the complete list of August 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1693Laurent Belissen, French composer (d. 1762)
- 1839Nelson A. Miles, American general (d. 1925)
- 1879Bob Smith, American physician and surgeon, co-founded Alcoholics Anonymous (d. 1950)
- 1889Hans Egede Budtz, Danish actor (d. 1968)
- 1937Dustin Hoffman, American actor, singer, and producer
- 1953Nigel Mansell, English race car driver
- 1980Denisse Guerrero, Mexican singer-songwriter (Belanova)
- 1980Jack Cassel, American baseball player
- 1984Brenda Gandini, Argentinian model, actress, and singer
- 1986Peyton List, American actress
View the complete list of August 8 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UENMUUS? Check your answers here: Words with these letters UENMUUS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1503King James IV of Scotland marries Margaret Tudor, daughter of King Henry VII of England at Holyrood Abbey in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1585John Davis enters Cumberland Sound in search of the Northwest Passage.
- 1588Anglo-Spanish War: Battle of Gravelines: The naval engagement ends, ending the Spanish Armada’s attempt to invade England.
- 1793The insurrection of Lyon occurs during the French Revolution.
- 1863American Civil War: Following his defeat in the Battle of Gettysburg, General Robert E. Lee sends a letter of resignation to Confederate President Jefferson Davis (which is refused upon receipt).
- 1870The Republic of Ploiești, a failed Radical-Liberal rising against Domnitor Carol of Romania.
- 1885More than 1.5 million people attend the funeral of Ulysses S. Grant in New York City.
- 1908Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers’ first public flight.
- 1988The “8888 Uprising” occurs in Burma.
- 2000Confederate submarine H.L. Hunley is raised to the surface after 136 years on the ocean floor and 30 years after its discovery by undersea explorer E. Lee Spence.
View the complete list of August 8 historical events.
Curious about this Glazed Purple Calypso? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Tomomi Kahala, Cheryl Tiegs, Tony Aitken, Katsuyuki Konishi, Rita Guerra, David Bisbal, Allison Crowe, Shobna Gulati, Rio Suzuki, Donnie Munro.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on August 8, 1947.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th August 1947 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 14, 1971. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +206. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 1, 1963. Your score is -198. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern England approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 8, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 220th day of 1947
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 32nd Friday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 321 days
- Age on next birthday: 75 years old
- Days since birth: 27,073 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,024 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.71 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 917
- Next full moon: October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 16, 1979
- Age in dog years: 316 dog years old using a Cockapoo breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 14, 1971 (+206)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 1, 1963 (-198)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.VIII.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 8, 1956 – Jeff Wincott, Canadian actor and martial artist; November 24, 1912 – Joan Sanderson, English actress (d. 1992); January 11, 1938 – Frankie Randall, American singer-songwriter, actor, and dancer (d. 2014).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,946