Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1945 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1945 was a Thursday and it was the 221st day of the year 1945. The next time you can reuse your old 1945 calendar will be in 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 290 days left before your next birthday. You will be 73 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,373 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 893 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 4 at 05:24:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1927Robert Shaw
- 1933Tetsuko Kuroyanagi
- 1936Patrick Tse
- 1942David Steinberg
- 1957Melanie Griffith
- 1965Chin Ka-lok
- 1976Rhona Mitra
- 1978Daniela Denby-Ashe
- 1980Rachel Kramer
- 1986Rafaela Zanella
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 9.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1631John Dryden, English poet, playwright, and critic (d. 1700)
- 1776Amedeo Avogadro, Italian physicist and chemist (d. 1856)
- 1942Jack DeJohnette, American drummer, pianist, and composer
- 1944Sam Elliott, American actor and producer
- 1949Ted Simmons, American baseball player and coach
- 1971Mark Povinelli, American actor and stuntman
- 1972Ryan Bollman, American actor
- 1974Stephen Fung, Hong Kong actor, singer, director, and screenwriter
- 1977Jason Frasor, American baseball player
- 1988Vasilios Koutsianikoulis, Greek footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 9.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 48 BCCaesar’s Civil War: Battle of Pharsalus – Julius Caesar decisively defeats Pompey at Pharsalus and Pompey flees to Egypt.
- 1892Thomas Edison receives a patent for a two-way telegraph.
- 1930Betty Boop makes her cartoon debut in Dizzy Dishes.
- 1936Summer Olympic Games: Games of the XI Olympiad – Jesse Owens wins his fourth gold medal at the games.
- 1942Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in Bombay by British forces, launching the Quit India Movement.
- 1944The United States Forest Service and the Wartime Advertising Council release posters featuring Smokey Bear for the first time.
- 1965Singapore is expelled from Malaysia and becomes the only country to date to gain independence unwillingly.
- 1969Followers led by Charles Manson murder pregnant actress Sharon Tate (wife of Roman Polanski), coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Polish actor Wojciech Frykowski, men’s hairstylist Jay Sebring and recent high-school graduate Steven Parent.
- 2006At least 21 suspected terrorists were arrested in the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot that happened in the United Kingdom. The arrests were made in London, Birmingham, and High Wycombe in an overnight operation.
- 2014Michael Brown, a 18-year-old African American male in Ferguson, Missouri, was shot and killed by a Ferguson police officer, sparking protests and unrest in the city.
View the complete list of historical events for August 9.
Curious about this Blueberry Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9 and 1945 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mike O'Malley, Maude Fealy, George Lazenby, Nathan Davis, Mitsou, Gladys George, Mikiho Niwa, Malcolm Middleton, Jason Thompson, Caitlin Wachs.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rooster is the mythical animal and Wood is the element of a person born on August 9, 1945.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 1350. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 14, 1953 – Bebe Buell, American model and singer; December 27, 1934 – Christopher Benjamin, English actor; August 9, 1953 – Roberta Tovey, English actress and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,131