Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1973 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1973 was a Thursday and it was the 221st day of the year 1973. It was the 32nd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1973 calendar will be in 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 320 days left before your next birthday. You will be 46 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,481 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,494 days or 15.04 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 558 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 25 at 02:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 17, 2005.
If a dog named Lexi-Lu - a Cocker Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 200 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Lexi-Lu will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Lexi-Lu will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1958Muazzez Ersoy
- 1965Chin Ka-lok
- 1968Gillian Anderson
- 1971Mark Povinelli
- 1972Ryan Bollman
- 1975Mahesh Babu
- 1976Aled Haydn Jones
- 1976Audrey Tautou
- 1980Ryoo Seung-bum
- 1982Yekaterina Samutsevich
View the complete list of August 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1861Dorothea Klumpke, American astronomer and academic (d. 1942)
- 1901Charles Farrell, American actor and singer (d. 1990)
- 1928Camilla Wicks, American violinist and educator
- 1939Butch Warren, American bassist (d. 2013)
- 1952Prateep Ungsongtham Hata, Thai activist and politician
- 1974Nicola Stapleton, English actress and singer
- 1974Raphaël Poirée, French biathlete
- 1977Ime Udoka, American basketball player and coach
- 1987Marek Niit, Estonian sprinter
- 1988Anthony Castonzo, American football player
View the complete list of August 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1329Quilon, the first Indian Christian Diocese, is erected by Pope John XXII; the French-born Jordanus is appointed the first Bishop.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Cedar Mountain – At Cedar Mountain, Virginia, Confederate General Stonewall Jackson narrowly defeats Union forces under General John Pope.
- 1892Thomas Edison receives a patent for a two-way telegraph.
- 1902Edward VII and Alexandra of Denmark are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1925A train robbery takes place in Kakori, near Lucknow, India
- 1965A fire at a Titan missile base near Searcy, Arkansas kills 53 construction workers.
- 1993The Liberal Democratic Party of Japan loses a 38-year hold on national leadership.
- 1999Russian President Boris Yeltsin fires his Prime Minister, Sergei Stepashin, and for the fourth time fires his entire cabinet.
- 2006At least 21 suspected terrorists were arrested in the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot that happened in the United Kingdom. The arrests were made in London, Birmingham, and High Wycombe in an overnight operation.
- 2013Gunmen open fire at a Sunni mosque in the city of Quetta killing at least 10 people and injuring 30.
View the complete list of August 9 historical events.
Curious about this Green Guava Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9, and 1973 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Annalisa Ericson, Kaley Cuoco, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Ayaka, Missi Pyle, Jonathan Ke Quan, David Clayton Rogers, Van Williams, Veronica Ferres, Michael Boatman.
The Western zodiac sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on August 9, 1973.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for August is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 5, 1976. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +126. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 28, 1988. Your incompatibility score is -150. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,942,096,442. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The Morning After by Maureen McGovern as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 11, 1973). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 1350. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 9, 1973. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 221st day of 1973
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 32nd Thursday of 1973
- Next same calendar year: 2018
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2020: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 320 days
- Age on next birthday: 46 years old
- Days since birth: 16,481 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,494 days
- Years spent sleeping: 15.04 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 558
- Next full moon: September 25 at 02:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 17, 2005
- Age in dog years: 200 dog years old using a Cocker Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- August modern birthstone: Peridot
- August mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- August birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: September 5, 1976 (+126)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 28, 1988 (-150)
- 1973 world population: 3,942,096,442
- Number one song: The Morning After by Maureen McGovern (August 11, 1973)
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 1, 1969 – Teri Polo, American actress; May 10, 1975 – Shin Jung-hwan, South Korean singer and actor (Roo'ra); December 1, 1960 – Carol Alt, American model.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,801