Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1973 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1973 was a Thursday and it was the 221st day of the year 1973. It was the 32nd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1973 calendar will be in 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 240 days left before your next birthday. You will be 46 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,561 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,520 days or 15.11 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 561 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 22 at 17:50:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 17, 2005.
If a dog named Jonese - a Polish Lowland Sheepdog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 222 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Jonese will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Jonese will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1901Charles Farrell
- 1947Barbara Mason
- 1959Toni Servillo
- 1968Eric Bana
- 1969Smaragda Karydi
- 1976Mark Priestley
- 1980Charlie David
- 1982Yekaterina Samutsevich
- 1990Bill Skarsgård
- 1990Emily Tennant
View the complete list of August 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1603Johannes Cocceius, German-Dutch theologian and academic (d. 1669)
- 1722Prince Augustus William of Prussia (d. 1758)
- 1924Frank Martínez, American soldier and painter (d. 2013)
- 1928Bob Cousy, American basketball player and coach
- 1933Tetsuko Kuroyanagi, Japanese actress, talk show host, and author
- 1972Ryan Bollman, American actor
- 1974Stephen Fung, Hong Kong actor, singer, director, and screenwriter
- 1976Jessica Capshaw, American actress
- 1979Michael Kingma, Australian basketball player
- 1983Ashley Johnson, American actress and singer
View the complete list of August 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 48 BCCaesar’s Civil War: Battle of Pharsalus – Julius Caesar decisively defeats Pompey at Pharsalus and Pompey flees to Egypt.
- 1610The First Anglo-Powhatan War begins in colonial Virginia.
- 1854Henry David Thoreau publishes Walden.
- 1892Thomas Edison receives a patent for a two-way telegraph.
- 1902Edward VII and Alexandra of Denmark are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1925A train robbery takes place in Kakori, near Lucknow, India
- 1944The United States Forest Service and the Wartime Advertising Council release posters featuring Smokey Bear for the first time.
- 1965A fire at a Titan missile base near Searcy, Arkansas kills 53 construction workers.
- 1969Followers led by Charles Manson murder pregnant actress Sharon Tate (wife of Roman Polanski), coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Polish actor Wojciech Frykowski, men’s hairstylist Jay Sebring and recent high-school graduate Steven Parent.
- 1971The Troubles: The British Army in Northern Ireland launches Operation Demetrius. Hundreds of people are arrested and interned, thousands are displaced, and twenty are killed in the violence that followed.
View the complete list of August 9 historical events.
Curious about this Rainbow Pop? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9, and 1973 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Vange Leonel, Federico Ágreda, Kyle Richards, Elena Anaya, Marc Dupré, Killer Mike, Howard Vernon, Rachel Dratch, Serenay Sarıkaya, Katarina Čas.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on August 9, 1973.
Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th August 1973 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 5, 1976. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +126. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 28, 1988. Your incompatibility score is -150. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,942,096,442. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The Morning After by Maureen McGovern as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 11, 1973). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 1350. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,831,979 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1973. The estimated number of babies born on 9th August 1973 is 333,786. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 62,451 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,846 times in the year 1973. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 9, 1973. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 221st day of 1973
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 32nd Thursday of 1973
- Next same calendar year: 2018
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2020: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 240 days
- Age on next birthday: 46 years old
- Days since birth: 16,561 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,520 days
- Years spent sleeping: 15.11 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 561
- Next full moon: December 22 at 17:50:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 17, 2005
- Age in dog years: 222 dog years old using a Polish Lowland Sheepdog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: September 5, 1976 (+126)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 28, 1988 (-150)
- 1973 world population: 3,942,096,442
- Number one song: The Morning After by Maureen McGovern (August 11, 1973)
- Babies born in 1973: 121,831,979
- Babies born in 1973 every day: 333,786
- Babies born in 1973 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 62,451 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,846 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 19, 1976 – Robin Dunne, Canadian actor, producer, and screenwriter; August 17, 1933 – Glenn Corbett, American actor (d. 1993); July 15, 1959 – Vincent Lindon, French actor, director, and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,874