Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1980 was a Saturday and it was the 222nd day of the year 1980. It was the 32nd Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 138 days left before your next birthday. You will be 39 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,106 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,702 days or 12.87 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 478 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 17, 2012.
If a dog named Casci - a Treeing Walker Coonhound breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 218 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Casci will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Casci will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1933Tetsuko Kuroyanagi
- 1939The Mighty Hannibal
- 1968Carmi Martin
- 1969Smaragda Karydi
- 1971Mark Povinelli
- 1973Kevin McKidd
- 1974Stephen Fung
- 1976Rhona Mitra
- 1989Kento Ono
View the complete list of August 9 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1896Jean Piaget, Swiss psychologist and philosopher (d. 1980)
- 1927Robert Malpas, English engineer and businessman
- 1939Hércules Brito Ruas, Brazilian footballer
- 1944John Simpson, English journalist and author
- 1946Jim Kiick, American football player
- 1958Muazzez Ersoy, Turkish singer
- 1967Deion Sanders, American football and baseball player
- 1973Kevin McKidd, Scottish actor and director
- 1980Ryoo Seung-bum, South Korean actor and singer
- 1989Lucy Dixon, English actress
View the complete list of August 9 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 48 BCCaesar’s Civil War: Battle of Pharsalus – Julius Caesar decisively defeats Pompey at Pharsalus and Pompey flees to Egypt.
- 1500Ottoman–Venetian War (1499–1503): The Ottomans capture Methoni, Messenia.
- 1610The First Anglo-Powhatan War begins in colonial Virginia.
- 1810Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- 1854Henry David Thoreau publishes Walden.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Cedar Mountain – At Cedar Mountain, Virginia, Confederate General Stonewall Jackson narrowly defeats Union forces under General John Pope.
- 1877Indian Wars: Battle of the Big Hole – A small band of Nez Percé Indians clash with the United States Army
- 1965Singapore is expelled from Malaysia and becomes the only country to date to gain independence unwillingly.
- 1969Followers led by Charles Manson murder pregnant actress Sharon Tate (wife of Roman Polanski), coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Polish actor Wojciech Frykowski, men’s hairstylist Jay Sebring and recent high-school graduate Steven Parent.
- 1974As a direct result of the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon becomes the first President of the United States to resign from office. His Vice President, Gerald Ford, becomes president.
View the complete list of August 9 historical events.
Curious about this Mixed Berry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Andi Fraggs, Syuusuke Saito, Stanislav Ianevski, Deniz Akkaya, Bob Gaudio, Dirk Bogarde, Twinkle, Patti Smith, Elizabeth Carling, Ted Danson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 9, 1980.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th August 1980 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 20, 1954. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +112. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 8, 1992. Your incompatibility score is -94. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 9” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 9, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern China approximately on 1350. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, docks.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 9th August 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 9, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 222nd day of 1980
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 32nd Saturday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 138 days
- Age on next birthday: 39 years old
- Days since birth: 14,106 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,702 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.87 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 478
- Next full moon: April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 17, 2012
- Age in dog years: 218 dog years old using a Treeing Walker Coonhound breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: September 20, 1954 (+112)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 8, 1992 (-94)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Magic by Olivia Newton-John (August 9, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 26, 1928 – Bob Van der Veken, Belgian actor; July 19, 1945 – George Dzundza, German-American actor; August 22, 1965 – Courtney Gains, American actor and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,039