Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 6th of December 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
December 6, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 340th day of the year 1947. It was the 49th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 76 days left before your next birthday. You will be 74 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,953 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,984 days or 24.60 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 913 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on August 14, 1979.
If a dog named Borracho - a Dogue de Bordeaux breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 384 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Borracho will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Borracho will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1872William S. Hart
- 1913Eleanor Holm
- 1928Bobby Van
- 1958Nick Park
- 1963Ulrich Thomsen
- 1967Lucia Rijker
- 1971Craig Brewer
- 1971Naozumi Takahashi
- 1975Noel Clarke
- 1980Kei Yasuda
View the complete list of December 6 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 6.
- 1778Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac, French physicist and chemist (d. 1850)
- 1805Adolf Reubke, German organ builder (d. 1875)
- 1875Evelyn Underhill, English mystic and author (d. 1941)
- 1920Peter Dimmock, English sportscaster
- 1922Benjamin A. Gilman, American soldier and politician
- 1934Nick Bockwinkel, American wrestler, sportscaster, and actor
- 1949Doug Marlette, American cartoonist (d. 2007)
- 1962Ben Watt, English singer-songwriter, producer, and radio host (Everything but the Girl)
- 1965Gordon Durie, Scottish footballer and manager
- 1972Mónica Santa María, Peruvian model and television host (d. 1994)
View the complete list of December 6 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Caleb’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1865The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, banning slavery.
- 1897London becomes the world’s first city to host licensed taxicabs.
- 1917Finland declares independence from Russia.
- 1928The government of Colombia sends military forces to suppress a month-long strike by United Fruit Company workers, resulting in an unknown number of deaths.
- 1941World War II: The United Kingdom and Canada declare war on Finland in support of the Soviet Union during the Continuation War.
- 1957Project Vanguard: A launchpad explosion of Vanguard TV3 thwarts the first United States attempt to launch a satellite into Earth orbit.
- 1971Pakistan severs diplomatic relations with India following New Delhi’s recognition of Bangladesh.
- 1992The Babri Masjid in Ayodhya, India, is demolished, leading to widespread riots causing the death of over 1,500 people.
- 2005An Iranian Air Force C-130 military transport aircraft crashes into a ten-floor apartment building in a residential area of Tehran, killing all 84 on board and 44 more on the ground.
- 2005Several villagers are shot dead during protests in Dongzhou, China.
View the complete list of December 6 historical events.
Curious about this Fabulous Yellow Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 6, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Dick Powell, Damien Rice, Julia Barretto, David Lee Roth, Terry O'Quinn, Mahalia Jackson, Hank Ballard, John Lithgow, Michael Graziadei, Cynthia Layne.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 6 is Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer) – a mutable sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on December 6, 1947.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 6th December 1947 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 3, 1975. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +157. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 11, 1941. Your score is -159. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Arctic approximately on 1250. Your profession was chemist, alchemist, poison manufacturer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man December 6” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 6, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 340th day of 1947
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 49th Saturday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 76 days
- Age on next birthday: 74 years old
- Days since birth: 26,953 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,984 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.60 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 913
- Next full moon: October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on August 14, 1979
- Age in dog years: 384 dog years old using a Dogue de Bordeaux breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion
- Western zodiac gemstone: Topaz
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: December 3, 1975 (+157)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 11, 1941 (-159)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: VI.XII.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 22, 1981 – Karylle, Filipino singer-songwriter and actress; April 20, 1940 – James Gammon, American actor (d. 2010); December 25, 1954 – Steve Wariner, American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,854