Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of January 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 1, 1980 was a Tuesday and it was the 1st day of the year 1980. It was the 1st Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 335 days left before your next birthday. You will be 44 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,736 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,245 days or 14.36 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 533 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 9, 2011.
If a dog named Yipper - a Rat Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 192 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Yipper will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Yipper will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1885Béla Balogh
- 1917Albert Mol
- 1919Carole Landis
- 1919Yoshio Tabata
- 1937Matt Robinson
- 1978Vidya Balan
- 1983Emi Kobayashi
- 1985Eyjólfur Héðinsson
- 1986Lee Sungmin
- 1989Adèle Haenel
View the complete list of January 1 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 1.
- 1714Kristijonas Donelaitis, Lithuanian pastor and poet (d. 1780)
- 1868Snitz Edwards, Hungarian-American actor (d. 1937)
- 1905Stanisław Mazur, Ukrainian-Polish mathematician and theorist (d. 1981)
- 1909Dattaram Hindlekar, Indian cricketer (d. 1949)
- 1924Francisco Macías Nguema, Equatorial Guinean politician, 1st President of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea (d. 1979)
- 1946Carl B. Hamilton, Swedish economist and politician
- 1951Martha P. Haynes, American astronomer
- 1964Dedee Pfeiffer, American actress and producer
- 1968Miki Higashino, Japanese pianist and composer
- 1986Lee Sungmin, South Korean singer, dancer, and actor (Super Junior)
View the complete list of January 1 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Byron’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 69The Roman legions in Germania Superior refuse to swear loyalty to Galba. They rebel and proclaim Vitellius as emperor.
- 1515King Francis I of France succeeds to the French throne.
- 1527Croatian nobles elect Ferdinand I of Austria as King of Croatia in the Parliament on Cetin.
- 1806The French Republican Calendar is abolished.
- 1966After a coup, Colonel Jean-Bédel Bokassa assumes power as president of the Central African Republic.
- 1990David Dinkins is sworn in as New York City’s first black mayor.
- 1993A single market within the European Community is introduced.
- 1999The Euro currency is introduced in 11 countries - members of the European Union (with the exception of the United Kingdom, Denmark, Greece and Sweden).
- 2008Cyprus and Malta join the Eurozone.
- 2009Sixty-six people die in a nightclub fire in Bangkok, Thailand.
View the complete list of January 1 historical events.
Curious about this Imperial Pink Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 1, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 11. It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Karen Carpenter, Lee Evans, Roxana Briban, Sally Struthers, Fernand Dansereau, Keith Hopwood, Liu Shishi, Errol Morris, Carroll Baker, Frank Thornton.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 1 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 1, 1980.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 1st January 1980 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on October 5, 1991. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +101. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 17, 1968. Your score is -130. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Please Don’t Go by KC and the Sunshine Band as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 5, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Central England approximately on 975. Your profession was jeweler, watch-maker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You’re always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 1st January 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 1” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 1, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 1st day of 1980
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 1st Tuesday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2025: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 335 days
- Age on next birthday: 44 years old
- Days since birth: 15,736 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,245 days
- Years spent sleeping: 14.36 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 533
- Next full moon: February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 9, 2011
- Age in dog years: 192 dog years old using a Rat Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 11 – It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: October 5, 1991 (+101)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 17, 1968 (-130)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Please Don’t Go by KC and the Sunshine Band (January 5, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
- Roman numerals: I.I.MCMLXXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 23, 1962 – Shaun Ryder, English singer-songwriter and actor (Happy Mondays and Black Grape); January 20, 1902 – Leon Ames, American actor and singer (d. 1993); November 18, 1961 – Nick Chinlund, American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,066