Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1940 was a Wednesday and it was the 17th day of the year 1940. It was the 3rd Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 122 days left before your next birthday. You will be 80 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,098 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,699 days or 26.56 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 986 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 13 at 21:09:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 1971.
If a dog named Cinty - a Black Russian Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 410 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Cinty will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Cinty will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1882Noah Beery, Sr.
- 1927Norman Kaye
- 1949Mick Taylor
- 1972Benno Fürmann
- 1974Danny Bhoy
- 1974Vesko Kountchev
- 1975Freddy Rodriguez
- 1977Dante Carver
- 1986Max Adler
View the complete list of January 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1501Leonhart Fuchs, German physician and botanist (d. 1566)
- 1851A. B. Frost, American author and illustrator (d. 1928)
- 1914Anacleto Angelini, Italian-Chilean businessman (d. 2007)
- 1937Alain Badiou, French philosopher and educator
- 1939Maury Povich, American talk show host, producer, and actor
- 1947Jane Elliot, American actress
- 1961Maia Chiburdanidze, Georgian chess player
- 1964Andy Rourke, English bass player (The Smiths and Freebass)
- 1972Benno Fürmann, German actor
- 1985Pablo Barrientos, Argentinian footballer
View the complete list of January 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cesar’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1799Maltese patriot Dun Mikiel Xerri, along with a number of other patriots, is executed.
- 1885A British force defeats a large Dervish army at the Battle of Abu Klea in the Sudan.
- 1904Anton Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard receives its premiere performance at the Moscow Art Theatre.
- 1913Raymond Poincaré is elected President of France.
- 1917The United States pays Denmark 25 million for the Virgin Islands.
- 1929Inayatullah Khan, king of the Emirate of Afghanistan abdicates the throne after only three days.
- 1945World War II: Soviet forces capture the almost completely destroyed Polish city of Warsaw.
- 1982“Cold Sunday”: in numerous cities in the United States temperatures fall to their lowest levels in over 100 years.
- 1991Harald V becomes King of Norway on the death of his father, Olav V.
- 1997Cape Canaveral Air Force Station: A Delta 2 carrying a GPS2R satellite explodes 13 seconds after launch, dropping 250 tons of burning rocket remains around the launch pad.
View the complete list of January 17 historical events.
Curious about this Yellow Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Dean Brooks, Boyd Tinsley, Linus Roache, Florinda Bolkan, Tato Bores, David Strathairn, Riley Smith, Robert Plant, Kangin, Tom Guiry.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 17, 1940.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th January 1940 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 11, 1941. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +178. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on September 1, 1916. Your incompatibility score is -170. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-Central approximately on 1225. Your profession was chemist, alchemist, poison manufacturer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition – is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 17, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 17th day of 1940
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 3rd Wednesday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 122 days
- Age on next birthday: 80 years old
- Days since birth: 29,098 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,699 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.56 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 986
- Next full moon: October 13 at 21:09:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 25, 1971
- Age in dog years: 410 dog years old using a Black Russian Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: May 11, 1941 (+178)
- Worst compatible birthday: September 1, 1916 (-170)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.I.MCMXL
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 1, 1907 – Bill Stern, American actor and sportscaster (d. 1971); July 21, 1926 – Bill Pertwee, English actor (d. 2013); July 21, 1975 – Chris Bisson, English actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,827