Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1940 was a Wednesday and it was the 17th day of the year 1940. It was the 3rd Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 324 days left before your next birthday. You will be 81 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,262 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,754 days or 26.70 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 991 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 9 at 17:49:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 1971.
If a dog named Putney - a Maltese Shih Tzu breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 340 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Putney will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Putney will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1733Thomas Linley the elder
- 1863Constantin Stanislavski
- 1933Shari Lewis
- 1957Steve Harvey
- 1962Jim Carrey
- 1972Benno Fürmann
- 1975Rami Yacoub
- 1980Zooey Deschanel
- 1985Riyu Kosaka
View the complete list of January 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1793Antonio José Martínez, Spanish-American priest, rancher and politician (d. 1867)
- 1923Carol Raye, English-Australian actress
- 1959Susanna Hoffs, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actress (The Bangles and Ming Tea)
- 1961Maia Chiburdanidze, Georgian chess player
- 1962Jun Azumi, Japanese broadcaster and politician; 46th Japanese Minister of Finance
- 1967Song Kang-ho, South Korean actor
- 1971Paolo Vaccari, Italian rugby player and manager
- 1971Youki Kudoh, Japanese actress and singer
- 1985Kangin, South Korean singer, dancer, and actor (Super Junior)
- 1988Will Genia, Australian rugby player
View the complete list of January 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Annette’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1377Pope Gregory XI moves the Papacy back to Rome from Avignon.
- 1562France recognizes the Huguenots by the Edict of Saint-Germain.
- 1648England’s Long Parliament passes the “Vote of No Addresses”, breaking off negotiations with King Charles I and thereby setting the scene for the second phase of the English Civil War.
- 1773Captain James Cook and his crew become the first Europeans to sail below the Antarctic Circle.
- 1950The Great Brink’s Robbery: Eleven thieves steal more than 2 million from an armored car company’s offices in Boston.
- 1961U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers a televised farewell address to the nation three days before leaving office, in which he warns against the accumulation of power by the “military–industrial complex” as well as the dangers of massive spending, especially deficit spending.
- 1982“Cold Sunday”: in numerous cities in the United States temperatures fall to their lowest levels in over 100 years.
- 1996The Czech Republic applies for membership of the European Union.
- 1997Cape Canaveral Air Force Station: A Delta 2 carrying a GPS2R satellite explodes 13 seconds after launch, dropping 250 tons of burning rocket remains around the launch pad.
- 1998Lewinsky scandal: Matt Drudge breaks the story of the Bill Clinton–Monica Lewinsky affair on his website The Drudge Report.
View the complete list of January 17 historical events.
Curious about this Glazed Yellow Sunrise? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Lexi Ainsworth, Keith Urban, Patty Hearst, Mose Allison, A-Lin, Trishelle Cannatella, José José, Neil Busch, Morgan York, Leona Naess.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 17, 1940.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th January 1940 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 11, 1941. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +178. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on September 1, 1916. Your score is -170. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-Central approximately on 1225. Your profession was chemist, alchemist, poison manufacturer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition – is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 17, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 17th day of 1940
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 3rd Wednesday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2022: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 324 days
- Age on next birthday: 81 years old
- Days since birth: 29,262 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,754 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.70 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 991
- Next full moon: March 9 at 17:49:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 25, 1971
- Age in dog years: 340 dog years old using a Maltese Shih Tzu breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: May 11, 1941 (+178)
- Worst compatible birthday: September 1, 1916 (-170)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.I.MCMXL
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 28, 1970 – Richard Osman, English television host, director, and producer; November 13, 1956 – Rex Linn, American actor; March 9, 1931 – Thore Skogman, Swedish actor and singer (d. 2007).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,971