Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1973 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1973 was a Wednesday and it was the 17th day of the year 1973. It was the 3rd Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1973 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 233 days left before your next birthday. You will be 48 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,299 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,766 days or 15.79 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 586 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 2004.
If a dog named Cupid - a Mutt breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 231 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Cupid will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Cupid will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1917M. G. Ramachandran
- 1943Geoffrey Deuel
- 1960John Crawford
- 1962Ari Up
- 1967Richard Hawley
- 1971Lil Jon
- 1973Cuauhtémoc Blanco
- 1975Freddy Rodriguez
- 1978Ricky Wilson
- 1981Ray J
View the complete list of January 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1501Leonhart Fuchs, German physician and botanist (d. 1566)
- 1853T. Alexander Harrison, American painter (d. 1930)
- 1888Babu Gulabrai, Indian philosopher and author (d. 1963)
- 1899Nevil Shute, English engineer and author (d. 1960)
- 1917Ramón Cardemil, Chilean horse rider (d. 2007)
- 1948Michael Rake, English businessman and academic
- 1956Damian Green, English journalist and politician, Minister of State for Immigration
- 1964Andy Rourke, English bass player (The Smiths and Freebass)
- 1972Benno Fürmann, German actor
- 1979Oleg Lisogor, Ukrainian swimmer
View the complete list of January 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sophie’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 38 BCOctavian divorces his wife Scribonia and marries Livia Drusilla, ending the fragile peace between the Second Triumvirate and Sextus Pompey.
- 395Emperor Theodosius I dies in Mediolanum (Milan), the Roman Empire is re-divided into an eastern and a western half. The Eastern Roman Empire is centered in Constantinople under Arcadius, son of Theodosius, and the Western Roman Empire in Mediolanum under Honorius, his brother (aged 10).
- 1899The United States takes possession of Wake Island in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1903El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico becomes part of the United States National Forest System as the Luquillo Forest Reserve.
- 1945Swedish diplomat Raoul Wallenberg is taken into Soviet custody while in Hungary; he is never publicly seen again.
- 1961U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers a televised farewell address to the nation three days before leaving office, in which he warns against the accumulation of power by the “military–industrial complex” as well as the dangers of massive spending, especially deficit spending.
- 1969Black Panther Party members Bunchy Carter and John Huggins are killed during a meeting in Campbell Hall on the campus of UCLA.
- 1983The tallest department store in the world, Hudson’s flagship store in downtown Detroit, closes due to high cost of operating.
- 1991Gulf War: Operation Desert Storm begins early in the morning. Iraq fires eight Scud missiles into Israel in an unsuccessful bid to provoke Israeli retaliation.
- 19941994 Northridge earthquake: A magnitude 6.7 earthquake hits Northridge, California.
View the complete list of January 17 historical events.
Curious about this Tamarind Butter Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17, and 1973 reveal that your Life Path number is 11. It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: John Heard, Teryl Rothery, Candy Clark, Butterfly McQueen, Frank Thornton, Grand Puba, Tamara Ecclestone, Clark Johnson, Sarah G. Buxton, Christina Metaxa.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on January 17, 1973.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th January 1973 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 18, 1966. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +194. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 12, 1945. Your score is -179. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,942,096,442. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was You’re So Vain by Carly Simon as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 20, 1973). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Mongolia approximately on 975. Your profession was entertainer, musician, poet, temple-dancer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition – is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,831,979 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1973. The estimated number of babies born on 17th January 1973 is 333,786. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 62,451 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,846 times in the year 1973. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 17, 1973. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 17th day of 1973
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 3rd Wednesday of 1973
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2022: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 233 days
- Age on next birthday: 48 years old
- Days since birth: 17,299 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,766 days
- Years spent sleeping: 15.79 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 586
- Next full moon: June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 25, 2004
- Age in dog years: 231 dog years old using a Mutt breed
- Life path number and meaning: 11 – It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: November 18, 1966 (+194)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 12, 1945 (-179)
- 1973 world population: 3,942,096,442
- Number one song: You’re So Vain by Carly Simon (January 20, 1973)
- Babies born in 1973: 121,831,979
- Babies born in 1973 every day: 333,786
- Babies born in 1973 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 62,451 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,846 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.I.MCMLXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 4, 1919 – Shirley Mitchell, American actress (d. 2013); November 4, 1950 – Markie Post, American actress; August 6, 1920 – Selma Diamond, Canadian-American actress and screenwriter (d. 1985).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,163