Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1974 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1974 was a Thursday and it was the 17th day of the year 1974. It was the 3rd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1974 calendar will be in 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 329 days left before your next birthday. You will be 46 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,472 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,491 days or 15.03 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 558 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 2005.
If a dog named Sandwich - a Fox Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 200 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Sandwich will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Sandwich will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1863Constantin Stanislavski
- 1948Jim Ladd
- 1956Mitch Vogel
- 1962Ari Up
- 1970Genndy Tartakovsky
- 1971Youki Kudoh
- 1972Ken Hirai
- 1985Riyu Kosaka
- 1997Jack Vidgen
View the complete list of January 17 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1504Pope Pius V (d. 1572)
- 1860Douglas Hyde, Irish academic and politician, 1st President of Ireland (d. 1949)
- 1888Babu Gulabrai, Indian philosopher and author (d. 1963)
- 1901Aron Gurwitsch, Lithuanian-American philosopher and author (d. 1973)
- 1916Peter Frelinghuysen, Jr., American lieutenant and politician (d. 2011)
- 1927Norman Kaye, Australian actor (d. 2007)
- 1931James Earl Jones, American actor
- 1932Sheree North, American actress, singer, and dancer (d. 2005)
- 1935Ruth Ann Minner, American businesswoman and politician, 72nd Governor of Delaware
- 1953Carlos Johnson, American singer and guitarist
View the complete list of January 17 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1562France recognizes the Huguenots by the Edict of Saint-Germain.
- 1781American Revolutionary War: Battle of Cowpens – Continental troops under Brigadier General Daniel Morgan defeat British forces under Lieutenant Colonel Banastre Tarleton at the battle in South Carolina.
- 1873A group of Modoc warriors defeats the United States Army in the First Battle of the Stronghold, part of the Modoc War.
- 1885A British force defeats a large Dervish army at the Battle of Abu Klea in the Sudan.
- 1917The United States pays Denmark 25 million for the Virgin Islands.
- 1918Finnish Civil War: The first serious battles take place between the Red Guards and the White Guard.
- 1929Popeye the Sailor Man, a cartoon character created by E. C. Segar, first appears in the Thimble Theatre comic strip.
- 1949The Goldbergs, the first sitcom on American television, airs for the first time.
- 1995The Great Hanshin earthquake: A magnitude 7.3 earthquake occurs near Kobe, Japan, causing extensive property damage and killing 6,434 people.
- 2010Rioting begins between Muslim and Christian groups in Jos, Nigeria, resulting in at least 200 deaths.
View the complete list of January 17 historical events.
Curious about this Heavenly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17, and 1974 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Gary Lucy, Steven Blum, Louis Prima, Robin Spry, Bernice Johnson Reagon, Bill Daily, Kuranosuke Sasaki, Ken Gampu, Teddy Infuhr, Marc Breaux.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on January 17, 1974.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th January 1974 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on October 4, 1971. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +205. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 28, 1959. Your incompatibility score is -155. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,016,608,813. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Show and Tell by Al Wilson as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 19, 1974). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-East approximately on 1075. Your profession was monk, bee-keeper, lone gunman.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You’re always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,673,775 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1974. The estimated number of babies born on 17th January 1974 is 333,353. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 63,112 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,583 times in the year 1974. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 17, 1974. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 17th day of 1974
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 3rd Thursday of 1974
- Next same calendar year: 2019
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 329 days
- Age on next birthday: 46 years old
- Days since birth: 16,472 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,491 days
- Years spent sleeping: 15.03 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 558
- Next full moon: March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 25, 2005
- Age in dog years: 200 dog years old using a Fox Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: October 4, 1971 (+205)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 28, 1959 (-155)
- 1974 world population: 4,016,608,813
- Number one song: Show and Tell by Al Wilson (January 19, 1974)
- Babies born in 1974: 121,673,775
- Babies born in 1974 every day: 333,353
- Babies born in 1974 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 63,112 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,583 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 13, 1968 – Tisha Campbell-Martin, American actress and singer; February 24, 1939 – Joy Mukherjee, Indian actor and director (d. 2012); April 6, 1960 – Warren Haynes, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule, and The Dead).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,806