Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 7 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1980 was a Thursday and it was the 17th day of the year 1980. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 153 days left before your next birthday. You will be 39 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,092 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth then you have slept a total of 4,697 days or 13 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 477 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 26 at 11:58:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 2011.
If a dog named Nenita - a Dalmatian breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 191 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Nenita will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Nenita will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1914Irving Brecher
- 1923Carol Raye
- 1925Patricia Owens
- 1933Shari Lewis
- 1957Steve Harvey
- 1966Shabba Ranks
- 1967Song Kang-ho
- 1978Carolina "Pampita" Ardohaín
- 1984Kelvin Fletcher
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for January 17.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1659Antonio Veracini, Italian violinist and composer (d. 1745)
- 1877May Gibbs, English-Australian author and illustrator (d. 1969)
- 1905Ray Cunningham, American baseball player (d. 2005)
- 1911George Stigler, American economist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1991)
- 1929Jacques Plante, Canadian-Swiss ice hockey player, coach, and sportscaster (d. 1986)
- 1942Nigel McCulloch, English bishop
- 1942Ulf Hoelscher, German violinist and educator
- 1969Tiësto, Dutch DJ and producer (Gouryella and Kamaya Painters)
- 1970Cássio Alves de Barros, Brazilian footballer
- 1981Scott Mechlowicz, American actor
View the complete list of famous birthdays for January 17.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1608Emperor Susenyos I of Ethiopia surprises an Oromo army at Ebenat; his army reportedly kills 12,000 Oromo at the cost of 400 of his men.
- 1773Captain James Cook and his crew become the first Europeans to sail below the Antarctic Circle.
- 1899The United States takes possession of Wake Island in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1929Inayatullah Khan, king of the Emirate of Afghanistan abdicates the throne after only three days.
- 1929Popeye the Sailor Man, a cartoon character created by E. C. Segar, first appears in the Thimble Theatre comic strip.
- 1949The Goldbergs, the first sitcom on American television, airs for the first time.
- 1969Black Panther Party members Bunchy Carter and John Huggins are killed during a meeting in Campbell Hall on the campus of UCLA.
- 1977Convicted murderer Gary Gilmore is executed by a firing squad in Utah, ending a ten-year moratorium on capital punishment in the United States.
- 1992During a visit to South Korea, Japanese Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa apologizes for forcing Korean women into sexual slavery during World War II.
- 1996The Czech Republic applies for membership of the European Union.
View the complete list of historical events for January 17.
Curious about this Lavender Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17 and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Anni Friesinger-Postma, Toby Hemingway, Mike Rutherford, Craig Nicholls, Armistead Maupin, Vladimir Nemirovich-Danchenko, Rodjun Cruz, Victor Williams, Mitsou, Ray Walker.
The zodiac sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on January 17, 1980.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Capricorn horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Rock with You by Michael Jackson as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 19, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Australia approximately on 975. Your profession was jeweler, watch-maker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 26, 1950 – Jaak Joala, Estonian singer (d. 2014); December 14, 1932 – Charlie Rich, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1995); July 26, 1950 – Susan George, English actress and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,342