Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of January 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
January 8, 1961 was a Sunday and it was the 8th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 109 days left before your next birthday. You will be 57 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,710 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 701 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 5 at 18:41:00 GMT – Thursday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Gypsy Rose Lee
- 1912José Ferrer
- 1920Douglas Wilmer
- 1926Soupy Sales
- 1937Shirley Bassey
- 1962Chris Marion
- 1964Ron Sexsmith
- 1981Genevieve Cortese
- 1982Gaby Hoffmann
- 1986Jamie T
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for January 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 8.
- 1904Karl Brandt, German SS officer (d. 1948)
- 1945Kojo Nnamdi, Guyanese-American journalist and radio host
- 1952Mel Reynolds, American academic and politician
- 1955Spiros Livathinos, Greek footballer and coach
- 1961Keith Arkell, English chess player
- 1967Steven Jacobs, Australian television host and actor
- 1977Ilisha Jarret, American basketball player
- 1984Stephen Simpson, South African race car driver
- 1990Danny Barrera, Colombian-American soccer player
- 1991Emiliano Tabone, Argentinian footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for January 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 387Siyaj K‘ak’conquers Waka
- 1499Louis XII of France marries Anne of Brittany.
- 1815War of 1812: Battle of New Orleans – Andrew Jackson leads American forces in victory over the British.
- 1889Herman Hollerith is issued US patent #395,791 for the ‘Art of Applying Statistics’— his punched card calculator.
- 1912The African National Congress is founded.
- 1945World War II: Philippine Commonwealth troops under the Philippine Commonwealth Army units enter the province of Ilocos Sur in Northern Luzon and attack Japanese Imperial forces.
- 1981A local farmer reports a UFO sighting in Trans-en-Provence, France, claimed to be “perhaps the most completely and carefully documented sighting of all time”.
- 2005The nuclear sub USS San Francisco collides at full speed with an undersea mountain south of Guam. One man is killed, but the sub surfaces and is repaired.
- 2009A 6.1-magnitude earthquake in northern Costa Rica kills 15 people and injures 32.
- 2011The attempted assassination of Arizona Representative Gabrielle Giffords and subsequent shooting in Casas Adobes, Arizona at a Safeway grocery store, for which Jared Lee Loughner is subsequently arrested, kills six people and wounds 13, including Giffords.
View the complete list of historical events for January 8.
Curious about this Durian Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 8 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Thomas Kretschmann, Isaiah "Ikey" Owens, Polo Ravales, Roxana Zal, Ève Lavallière, Sylvie Léonard, Taichi Saotome, Robin Dunne, Wilford Brimley, Loren Galler-Rabinowitz.
The zodiac sign of a person born on January 8 is Capricorn ♑. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on January 8, 1961.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Capricorn horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Wonderland by Night by Bert Kaempfert as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 9, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 11, 1964 – Vinnie Paul, American drummer, songwriter, and producer (Pantera, Damageplan, Hellyeah, and Gasoline); September 29, 1980 – Zachary Levi, American actor and director; February 19, 1948 – Mark Andes, American singer-songwriter and bass player (Spirit, Firefall, Jo Jo Gunne, and Heart).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 989