Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of March 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
March 17, 1947 was a Monday and it was the 76th day of the year 1947. It was the 11th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 40 days left before your next birthday. You will be 76 years old when that day comes. There have been 27,719 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,240 days or 25.30 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 938 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on November 23, 1978.
If a dog named Muzzie - a Bouvier des Flandres breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 393 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Muzzie will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Muzzie will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1906Brigitte Helm
- 1955Mark Boone Junior
- 1956Rory McGrath
- 1964Rob Lowe
- 1973Caroline Corr
- 1975Natalie Zea
- 1976Brittany Daniel
- 1976Stephen Gately
- 1977Tamar Braxton
- 1983Atit Shah
View the complete list of March 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Mar 17.
- 1849Charles F. Brush, American inventor, co-invented the Arc lamp (d. 1929)
- 1911Vello Kaaristo, Estonian skier (d. 1965)
- 1925Gabriele Ferzetti, Italian actor
- 1931David Peakall, English-American chemist and toxicologist (d. 2001)
- 1933Myrlie Evers-Williams, American journalist and activist
- 1946John Baines, English historian and academic
- 1955Mark Boone Junior, American actor and producer
- 1967Van Conner, American bass player (Screaming Trees)
- 1970Juliet Campbell, Jamaican sprinter
- 1981Kyle Korver, American basketball player
View the complete list of March 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jorge’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 455Petronius Maximus becomes, with support of the Roman Senate, emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 624Led by Muhammad, the Muslims of Medina defeat the Quraysh of Mecca in the Battle of Badr.
- 1842The Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is formed;
- 1860The First Taranaki War begins in Taranaki, New Zealand, a major phase of the New Zealand land wars.
- 1891SS Utopia collides with HMS Anson in the Bay of Gibraltar and sinks, killing 562 of the 880 passengers on board.
- 1939Second Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Nanchang between the Kuomintang and Japan begins,
- 1966Off the coast of Spain in the Mediterranean, the DSV Alvin submarine finds a missing American hydrogen bomb.
- 1979The Penmanshiel Tunnel collapses during engineering works, killing two workers.
- 1985Serial killer Richard Ramirez, aka the “Night Stalker”, commits the first two murders in his Los Angeles murder spree.
- 2000Five hundred thirty members of the Ugandan cult Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God die in a fire, considered to be a mass murder or suicide orchestrated by leaders of the cult. Elsewhere another 248 members are later found dead.
View the complete list of March 17 historical events.
Curious about this Mangosteen Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 3, 17, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Doc Pomus, Matt Hullum, Domo Genesis, Gil Ofarim, Robert Schimmel, Red Grange, John Mayer, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Christopher Hewett, Lucas Neff.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on March 17 is Pisces ♓ (The Fish) – a mutable sign with Water as Western element. The ruling planet is Neptune – the planet of dreams and imagination. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on March 17, 1947.
Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for the month of March while Jade is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Pisces is amethyst. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th March 1947 is Jonquil for affection.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 5, 1921. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +128. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 27, 1964. Your score is -136. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Philippines approximately on 1425. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, cathedrals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man March 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about March 17, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 76th day of 1947
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 11th Monday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2025: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 40 days
- Age on next birthday: 76 years old
- Days since birth: 27,719 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,240 days
- Years spent sleeping: 25.30 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 938
- Next full moon: February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on November 23, 1978
- Age in dog years: 393 dog years old using a Bouvier des Flandres breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Pisces ♓ (The Fish)
- Western zodiac element: Water
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Neptune – the planet of dreams and imagination
- Western zodiac gemstone: Amethyst
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Aquamarine
- Mystical birthstone: Jade (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Jonquil for affection
- Best compatible birthday: December 5, 1921 (+128)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 27, 1964 (-136)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.III.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 16, 1976 – Kyo, Japanese singer-songwriter and producer (Dir En Grey); August 19, 1946 – Dawn Steel, American film producer (d. 1997); November 24, 1911 – Kirby Grant, American actor (d. 1985).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,948