Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of March 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
March 8, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 67th day of the year 1947. It was the 10th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 355 days left before your next birthday. You will be 73 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,309 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,770 days or 24.01 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 890 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on November 14, 1978.
If a dog named Khloe - a Clumber Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 344 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Khloe will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Khloe will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1910Claire Trevor
- 1921Alan Hale, Jr.
- 1922Cyd Charisse
- 1944Sergey Nikitin
- 1947Carole Bayer Sager
- 1954Cheryl Baker
- 1959Lester Holt
- 1961Camryn Manheim
- 1975Peggy Zina
- 1979Andy Ross
View the complete list of March 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Mar 8.
- 1714Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, German pianist and composer (d. 1788)
- 1783Hannah Van Buren, American wife of Martin Van Buren (d. 1819)
- 1937Juvénal Habyarimana, Rwandan politician, 3rd President of Rwanda (d. 1994)
- 1947Michael S. Hart, American author, founded Project Gutenberg (d. 2011)
- 1955Don Ashby, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1981)
- 1957Bob Stoddard, American baseball player
- 1966Gregory Barker, English politician
- 1968Michael Bartels, German race car driver
- 1980Charli Robinson, Australian actress and singer (Hi-5)
- 1991Miriam Bryant, Swedish-Finnish singer-songwriter
View the complete list of March 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1775An anonymous writer, thought by some to be Thomas Paine, publishes “African Slavery in America”, the first article in the American colonies calling for the emancipation of slaves and the abolition of slavery.
- 1801War of the Second Coalition: At the Battle of Abukir, a British force under Sir Ralph Abercromby lands in Egypt with the aim of ending the French campaign in Egypt and Syria.
- 1844King Oscar I ascends to the thrones of Sweden and Norway.
- 1868Sakai incident: Japanese samurai kill 11 French sailors in the port of Sakai near Osaka.
- 1917The United States Senate votes to limit filibusters by adopting the cloture rule.
- 1947Thirteen thousand troops of the Republic of China Army arrive in Taiwan after the 228 Incident and launch crackdowns which kill thousands of people, including many elites. This turns into a major root of the Taiwan independence movement.
- 19653,500 United States Marines are the first land combat forces committed during the Vietnam War.
- 1966A bomb planted by Irish Republican Army militants destroys Nelson’s Pillar in Dublin.
- 1974Charles de Gaulle Airport opens in Paris, France.
- 2004A new constitution is signed by Iraq’s Governing Council.
View the complete list of March 8 historical events.
Curious about this Green Apple Spiral? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 3, 8, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Randy Blythe, Rita Pavone, Tunç Başaran, Ted King, Reed Diamond, Jim Caviezel, Assia, Benjamin Speed, Jonathan Harris, Taylor Mead.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on March 8 is Pisces ♓ (The Fish) – a mutable sign with Water as Western element. The ruling planet is Neptune – the planet of dreams and imagination. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on March 8, 1947.
Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for the month of March while Jade is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Pisces is amethyst. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th March 1947 is Jonquil for affection.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 6, 1970. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +185. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 15, 1950. Your incompatibility score is -170. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern India approximately on 1425. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, cathedrals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about March 8, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 67th day of 1947
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 10th Saturday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 355 days
- Age on next birthday: 73 years old
- Days since birth: 26,309 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,770 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.01 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 890
- Next full moon: March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on November 14, 1978
- Age in dog years: 344 dog years old using a Clumber Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Pisces ♓ (The Fish)
- Western zodiac element: Water
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Neptune – the planet of dreams and imagination
- Western zodiac gemstone: Amethyst
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Aquamarine
- Mystical birthstone: Jade (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Jonquil for affection
- Best compatible birthday: November 6, 1970 (+185)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 15, 1950 (-170)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 9, 1976 – Bae Soo-bin, South Korean actor; February 20, 1960 – Wendee Lee, American voice actress; March 15, 1931 – James Ellis, Northern Irish actor (d. 2014).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,770