Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of March 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
March 8, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 67th day of the year 1947. It was the 10th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 276 days left before your next birthday. You will be 74 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,753 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,918 days or 24.42 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 905 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on November 14, 1978.
If a dog named Ishka - a Great Pyrenees breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 384 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Ishka will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Ishka will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1897Margot Bryant
- 1953Pepper MaShay
- 1961Camryn Manheim
- 1972Matthew Nable
- 1973Mickey Ferriols
- 1976Freddie Prinze, Jr.
- 1979Tom Chaplin
- 1985Mio Takeuchi
- 1988Bryan Termulo
- 1990Kristinia DeBarge
View the complete list of March 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Mar 8.
- 1712John Fothergill, English physician and botanist (d. 1780)
- 1859Kenneth Grahame, Scottish-English banker and author (d. 1932)
- 1896Charlotte Whitton, Canadian journalist and politician, 46th Mayor of Ottawa (d. 1975)
- 1921Sahir Ludhianvi, Indian poet and songwriter (d. 1980)
- 1937Juvénal Habyarimana, Rwandan politician, 3rd President of Rwanda (d. 1994)
- 1945Anselm Kiefer, German painter and sculptor
- 1957Clive Burr, English drummer and songwriter (Iron Maiden, Samson, and Trust) (d. 2013)
- 1972Angie Hart, Australian singer (Frente! and Splendid)
- 1976Freddie Prinze, Jr., American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- 1992Uki Satake, Japanese idol, singer, actress, and radio host (9nine)
View the complete list of March 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lula’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1618Johannes Kepler discovers the third law of planetary motion.
- 1655John Casor becomes the first legally-recognized slave in England’s North American colonies where a crime was not committed.
- 1658Treaty of Roskilde: After a devastating defeat in the Northern Wars (1655–1661), Frederick III, the King of Denmark–Norway is forced to give up nearly half his territory to Sweden to save the rest.
- 1775An anonymous writer, thought by some to be Thomas Paine, publishes “African Slavery in America”, the first article in the American colonies calling for the emancipation of slaves and the abolition of slavery.
- 1801War of the Second Coalition: At the Battle of Abukir, a British force under Sir Ralph Abercromby lands in Egypt with the aim of ending the French campaign in Egypt and Syria.
- 1862American Civil War: The iron-clad CSS Virginia (formerly USS Merrimack) is launched at Hampton Roads, Virginia.
- 1911International Women’s Day is launched in Copenhagen, Denmark, by Clara Zetkin, leader of the Women’s Office for the Social Democratic Party in Germany.
- 1936Daytona Beach and Road Course holds its first oval stock car race.
- 1957Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- 1974Charles de Gaulle Airport opens in Paris, France.
View the complete list of March 8 historical events.
Curious about this Color Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 3, 8, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Karyn Bryant, George Cukor, Matthew Goode, Josef Janíček, Erin Gray, Joanna Gleason, Alicia Machado, Booker T. Jones, Loreena McKennitt, María Elena Swett.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on March 8 is Pisces ♓ (The Fish) – a mutable sign with Water as Western element. The ruling planet is Neptune – the planet of dreams and imagination. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on March 8, 1947.
Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for the month of March while Jade is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Pisces is amethyst. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th March 1947 is Jonquil for affection.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 6, 1970. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +185. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 15, 1950. Your score is -170. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern India approximately on 1425. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, cathedrals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man March 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about March 8, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 67th day of 1947
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 10th Saturday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 276 days
- Age on next birthday: 74 years old
- Days since birth: 26,753 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,918 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.42 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 905
- Next full moon: June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on November 14, 1978
- Age in dog years: 384 dog years old using a Great Pyrenees breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Pisces ♓ (The Fish)
- Western zodiac element: Water
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Neptune – the planet of dreams and imagination
- Western zodiac gemstone: Amethyst
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Aquamarine
- Mystical birthstone: Jade (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Jonquil for affection
- Best compatible birthday: November 6, 1970 (+185)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 15, 1950 (-170)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.III.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 6, 1966 – Fernando Carrillo, Venezuelan actor; August 4, 1983 – Nathaniel Buzolic, Australian actor; April 29, 1974 – Barbora Bobuľová, Slovak-Italian actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,975