Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 15th of May 1948 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 15, 1948 was a Saturday and it was the 136th day of the year 1948. It was the 20th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1948 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 81 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,851 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,617 days or 23.59 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 876 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 22, 1980.
If a dog named December - a Dalmatian breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 335 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 December will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like December will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1909Clara Solovera
- 1942K. T. Oslin
- 1952Chazz Palminteri
- 1952Phil Seymour
- 1953Mike Oldfield
- 1955Lee Horsley
- 1956Peter Salmon
- 1960Rhonda Burchmore
- 1969Assala Nasri
- 1982Tatsuya Fujiwara
View the complete list of May 15 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 15.
- 1817Debendranath Tagore, Indian philosopher and author (d. 1905)
- 1874Polaire, French singer and actress (d. 1939)
- 1891Mikhail Bulgakov, Russian author and playwright (d. 1940)
- 1911Max Frisch, Swiss author and playwright (d. 1991)
- 1922Sigurd Ottovich Schmidt, Russian historian and ethnographer (d. 2013)
- 1924Maria Koepcke, German-Peruvian ornithologist and zoologist (d. 1971)
- 1953George Brett, American baseball player and coach
- 1971Karin Lušnic, Slovenian tennis player
- 1982Alexandra Breckenridge, American actress and photographer
- 1987Brian Dozier, American baseball player
View the complete list of May 15 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 495 BCA newly constructed temple in honour of the god Mercury was dedicated in ancient Rome on the Circus Maximus, between the Aventine and Palatine hills. To spite the senate and the consuls, the people awarded the dedication to a senior military officer, Marcus Laetorius.
- 1792War of the First Coalition: France declares war on Kingdom of Sardinia.
- 1793Diego Marín Aguilera flies a glider for “about 360 meters”, at a height of 5–6 meters, during one of the first attempted manned flights.
- 1836Francis Baily observes “Baily’s beads” during an annular eclipse.
- 1905Las Vegas, is founded when 110 acre, in what later would become downtown, are auctioned off.
- 1953Cubmaster Don Murphy organized the first pinewood derby, in Manhattan Beach, California, by Pack 280c.
- 1958The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 3.
- 1970President Richard Nixon appoints Anna Mae Hays and Elizabeth P. Hoisington the first female United States Army Generals.
- 1972In Laurel, Maryland, Arthur Bremer shoots and paralyzes Alabama Governor George Wallace while he is campaigning to become President.
- 2006Cloud Gate was formally dedicated in Chicago’s Millennium Park.
View the complete list of May 15 historical events.
Curious about this Golden Creme Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 15, and 1948 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Robert De Niro, Anna Calder-Marshall, Wende Wagner, Evan Ross, Boris Dvornik, Andrea Marcovicci, Olle Björklund, Aya Ishiguro, Paul Preiss, William Forsythe.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 15 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 15, 1948.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 15th May 1948 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on October 22, 1957. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +161. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 12, 1926. Your incompatibility score is -170. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Africa approximately on 800. Your profession was writer, dramatist, organizer of rituals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 96,209 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 88,588 times in the year 1948. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 15, 1948. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 136th day of 1948
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 20th Saturday of 1948
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 81 days
- Age on next birthday: 71 years old
- Days since birth: 25,851 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,617 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.59 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 876
- Next full moon: March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 22, 1980
- Age in dog years: 335 dog years old using a Dalmatian breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: October 22, 1957 (+161)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 12, 1926 (-170)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 96,209 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 88,588 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 17, 1979 – Billy Miller, American actor; September 1, 1993 – Ilona Mitrecey, French singer; April 14, 1984 – Adán Sánchez, American singer-songwriter (d. 2004).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,725