Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1917 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1917 was a Wednesday and it was the 136th day of the year 1917. It was the 20th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1917 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 167 days left before your next birthday. You will be 104 years old when that day comes. There have been 37,819 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 12,606 days or 34.51 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,280 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 30 at 09:31:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 22, 1949.
If a dog named Misiu - a Rhodesian Ridgeback breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 511 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Misiu will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Misiu will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1891Richard Tauber
- 1920Martine Carol
- 1931Jack Dodson
- 1944Danny Trejo
- 1958Glenn Gregory
- 1966Celia Ireland
- 1966Scott Reeves
- 1971Rachel Goswell
- 1973Jason Acuña
- 1985Stanislav Ianevski
View the complete list of May 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1944Danny Trejo, American actor and producer
- 1947Barbara Lee, American singer (The Chiffons) (d. 1992)
- 1953David Maclean, Scottish politician
- 1957Anthony St John, 22nd Baron St John of Bletso, English lawyer and businessman
- 1966Scott Reeves, American singer-songwriter and actor (Blue County)
- 1976Dirk Nannes, Australian-Dutch cricketer
- 1978Jim Sturgess, English singer-songwriter and actor
- 1990Charlotte Crosby, English television personality
- 1990Darko Šarović, Serbian sprinter
- 1990Thomas Brodie-Sangster, English actor
View the complete list of May 16 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PTYCOEUU? Check your answers here: Words with these letters PTYCOEUU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1584Santiago de Vera becomes sixth Governor-General of the Spanish colony of the Philippines.
- 1770A 14-year-old Marie Antoinette marries 15-year-old Louis-Auguste who later becomes king of France.
- 1771The Battle of Alamance, a pre-American Revolutionary War battle between local militia and a group of rebels called The “Regulators”, occurs in present-day Alamance County, North Carolina.
- 1918The Sedition Act of 1918 is passed by the U.S. Congress, making criticism of the government during wartime an imprisonable offense. It will be repealed less than two years later.
- 1920In Rome, Pope Benedict XV canonizes Joan of Arc.
- 1951The first regularly scheduled transatlantic flights begin between Idlewild Airport (now John F Kennedy International Airport) in New York City and Heathrow Airport in London, operated by El Al Israel Airlines.
- 1966The Communist Party of China issues the “May 16 Notice”, marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- 1975Junko Tabei becomes the first woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
- 1986The Seville Statement on Violence is adopted by an international meeting of scientists, convened by the Spanish National Commission for UNESCO, in Seville, Spain.
- 2014Twelve people are killed in two explosions in the Gikomba market area of the Kenyan capital of Nairobi.
View the complete list of May 16 historical events.
Curious about this Color Bubble Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16, and 1917 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Inga Jankauskaitė, Kym Whitley, Denny Laine, Lyn, Masako Katsuki, Jeremy Rosado, Uldis Pūcītis, Eddy Grant, Hugh Masekela, Fannie Flagg.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Snake is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 16, 1917.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th May 1917 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 15, 1941. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +145. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 4, 1918. Your score is -153. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-East approximately on 1575. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You’re always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 64,281 baby girls. For the boys it’s John. This name was recorded 51,853 times in the year 1917. Any chance you are Mary or John? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 16, 1917. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 136th day of 1917
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 20th Wednesday of 1917
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2022: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 167 days
- Age on next birthday: 104 years old
- Days since birth: 37,819 days
- Days spent sleeping: 12,606 days
- Years spent sleeping: 34.51 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,280
- Next full moon: November 30 at 09:31:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 22, 1949
- Age in dog years: 511 dog years old using a Rhodesian Ridgeback breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Snake
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: May 15, 1941 (+145)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 4, 1918 (-153)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 64,281 babies
- Popular boy’s name: John – 51,853 babies
- Roman numerals: XVI.V.MCMXVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 6, 1962 – Michael Houser, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Widespread Panic and Brute) (d. 2002); March 13, 1986 – Shunsuke Daito, Japanese actor; May 1, 1988 – Anushka Sharma, Indian model, actress, and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,898