Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1914 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1914 was a Sunday and it was the 137th day of the year 1914. It was the 20th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1914 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 114 days left before your next birthday. You will be 106 years old when that day comes. There have been 38,603 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 12,868 days or 35.23 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,307 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 9 at 07:35:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1946.
If a dog named Jozey - a Sloughi breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 519 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Jozey will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Jozey will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1889Dorothy Gibson
- 1918A. C. Lyles
- 1958Paul Di'Anno
- 1958Paul Whitehouse
- 1964David Eigenberg
- 1973Josh Homme
- 1986Tahj Mowry
- 1987Ott Lepland
- 1996Ryan Ochoa
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1836Wilhelm Steinitz, Austrian-American chess player (d. 1900)
- 1919Antonio Aguilar, Mexican singer-songwriter, producer, actor, and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- 1931Marshall Applewhite, American cult leader, founded Heaven’s Gate (d. 1997)
- 1934Ronald Wayne, American computer scientist, co-founded Apple Inc.
- 1951Simon Hughes, English lawyer and politician
- 1973Steve Barakatt, Canadian singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer
- 1973Tamsier Joof, English actor, dancer, and choreographer
- 1975Alex Wright, German-English wrestler and promoter
- 1982Kaye Abad, American-Filipino actress and singer
- 1990Leven Rambin, American actress
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Patricia’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1536George Boleyn, 2nd Viscount Rochford and four other men are executed for treason.
- 1642Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve (1612–1676) founds the Ville Marie de Montréal.
- 1792The New York Stock Exchange is formed under the Buttonwood Agreement.
- 1808Napoleon I of France orders the annexation of the Papal States to the French Empire.
- 1859Members of the Melbourne Football Club codified the first rules of Australian rules football.
- 1863Rosalía de Castro publishes Cantares Gallegos, the first book in the Galician language.
- 1869Imperial Japanese forces defeat the remnants of the Tokugawa shogunate in the Battle of Hakodate to end the Boshin War.
- 1914The Protocol of Corfu is signed, recognising full autonomy to Northern Epirus under nominal Albanian sovereignty.
- 2004The first legal same-sex marriages in the U.S. are performed in the state of Massachusetts.
- 2013Two Metro-North commuter trains collide near Bridgeport, Connecticut injuring at least 72 people.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Berry Blue Sour Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1914 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Greg Proops, Gordon Clapp, Zeph Ellis, Paul Morrissey, Roy Rogers, Ruggero Raimondi, Anne Roumanoff, Brigid Berlin, Kate Maberly, Liz Robertson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Tiger is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1914.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1914 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on February 13, 1906. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +138. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 15, 1903. Your score is -109. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern China approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 45,345 baby girls. For the boys it’s John. This name was recorded 37,948 times in the year 1914. Any chance you are Mary or John? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1914. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1914
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 20th Sunday of 1914
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 114 days
- Age on next birthday: 106 years old
- Days since birth: 38,603 days
- Days spent sleeping: 12,868 days
- Years spent sleeping: 35.23 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,307
- Next full moon: February 9 at 07:35:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1946
- Age in dog years: 519 dog years old using a Sloughi breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Tiger
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: February 13, 1906 (+138)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 15, 1903 (-109)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 45,345 babies
- Popular boy’s name: John – 37,948 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMXIV
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 11, 1950 – Sadashiv Amrapurkar, Indian actor and singer (d. 2014); May 22, 1985 – Tao Okamoto, Japanese model and actress; April 1, 1974 – Beatriz Batarda, English-Portuguese actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,858