Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1939 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1939 was a Wednesday and it was the 137th day of the year 1939. It was the 20th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1939 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 232 days left before your next birthday. You will be 85 years old when that day comes. There have been 30,815 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 10,272 days or 28.12 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,043 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 29 at 09:58:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1971.
If a dog named Lambeau - a Yorkshire Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 356 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Lambeau will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Lambeau will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out George’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1942Al White
- 1946Peter Hinwood
- 1946Udo Lindenberg
- 1953Luca Prodan
- 1960Simon Fuller
- 1963Taimo Toomast
- 1969Alan Doyle
- 1981Shiri Maimon
- 1982Kaye Abad
- 1991Daniel Curtis Lee
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1886Alfonso XIII of Spain (d. 1941)
- 1901Werner Egk, German pianist and composer (d. 1983)
- 1919Merle Miller, American author and screenwriter (d. 1986)
- 1943Johnny Warren, Australian footballer, coach, and sportscaster (d. 2004)
- 1955Bill Paxton, American actor and director
- 1970Jordan Knight, American singer-songwriter (New Kids on the Block)
- 1973Steve Barakatt, Canadian singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer
- 1974Eddie Lewis, American soccer player
- 1982Tony Parker, French-American basketball player
- 1990Leven Rambin, American actress
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1642Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve (1612–1676) founds the Ville Marie de Montréal.
- 1805Muhammad Ali becomes Wāli of Egypt.
- 1814The Constitution of Norway is signed and Crown Prince Christian Frederick of Denmark is elected King of Norway by the Norwegian Constituent Assembly.
- 1849A large fire nearly burns St. Louis, Missouri to the ground.
- 1865The International Telegraph Union (later the International Telecommunication Union) is established in Paris.
- 1900Second Boer War: British troops relieve Mafeking.
- 1984Prince Charles calls a proposed addition to the National Gallery, London, a “monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend”, sparking controversies on the proper role of the Royal Family and the course of modern architecture.
- 1994Malawi holds its first multi-party elections.
- 1995Shawn Nelson steals a tank from a military installation and goes on a rampage in San Diego resulting in a 25-minute police chase. Nelson is killed by an officer after the tank got stuck on a concrete barrier and tried to break free.
- 2015At least 9 people are killed and 18 injured, some by law enforcement and others in gunfire exchanges, in a shootout between rival biker gangs in Waco, Texas.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Purple Duhat Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1939 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Denise Filiatrault, Lew Anderson, Jun Shibata, Nek, Sapphire Elia, Ramón Valdés, Eddie Mekka, John Lasseter, Conchita Supervía, Sasheer Zamata.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1939.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1939 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 11, 1941. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +161. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 18, 1912. Your score is -154. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Mongolia approximately on 1750. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, bard.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition – is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 54,903 baby girls. For the boys it’s Robert. This name was recorded 59,645 times in the year 1939. Any chance you are Mary or Robert? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1939. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1939
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 20th Wednesday of 1939
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2025: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 232 days
- Age on next birthday: 85 years old
- Days since birth: 30,815 days
- Days spent sleeping: 10,272 days
- Years spent sleeping: 28.12 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,043
- Next full moon: September 29 at 09:58:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1971
- Age in dog years: 356 dog years old using a Yorkshire Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: May 11, 1941 (+161)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 18, 1912 (-154)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 54,903 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Robert – 59,645 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMXXXIX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 21, 1980 – Elaine Yiu, Hong Kong actress; May 19, 1964 – Murali, Indian actor (d. 2010); September 9, 1931 – Zoltán Latinovits, Hungarian actor and author (d. 1976).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,830