Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1940 was a Friday and it was the 138th day of the year 1940. It was the 20th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 332 days left before your next birthday. You will be 80 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,888 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,629 days or 26.36 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 979 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 16 at 21:40:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 24, 1972.
If a dog named Elroy - a Field Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 336 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Elroy will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Elroy will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Lisa Fonssagrives
- 1936Dennis Hopper
- 1938Jason Bernard
- 1942Taj Mahal
- 1946Udo Lindenberg
- 1960Simon Fuller
- 1965Paige Turco
- 1970Jordan Knight
- 1986Tahj Mowry
- 1994Julie Anne San Jose
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1904Jean Gabin, French actor and singer (d. 1976)
- 1904Marie-Anne Desmarest, French author (d. 1973)
- 1911Lisa Fonssagrives, Swedish-American model (d. 1992)
- 1919Merle Miller, American author and screenwriter (d. 1986)
- 1944Peter Price, English bishop
- 1962Jane Moore, English journalist and author
- 1969Tabatha Coffey, Australian hairstylist
- 1979Wayne Thomas, English footballer
- 1985Derek Hough, American actor, singer, and dancer (Ballas Hough Band)
- 1990Katrina Hart, English runner
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1805Muhammad Ali becomes Wāli of Egypt.
- 1808Napoleon I of France orders the annexation of the Papal States to the French Empire.
- 1814The Constitution of Norway is signed and Crown Prince Christian Frederick of Denmark is elected King of Norway by the Norwegian Constituent Assembly.
- 1859Members of the Melbourne Football Club codified the first rules of Australian rules football.
- 1900Second Boer War: British troops relieve Mafeking.
- 1954The United States Supreme Court hands down a unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas.
- 1974Police in Los Angeles raid the Symbionese Liberation Army’s headquarters, killing six members, including Camilla Hall.
- 1980On the eve of presidential elections, Maoist guerrilla group Shining Path attacks a polling location in the town of Chuschi, Ayacucho, starting the Internal conflict in Peru.
- 1984Prince Charles calls a proposed addition to the National Gallery, London, a “monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend”, sparking controversies on the proper role of the Royal Family and the course of modern architecture.
- 2000Arsenal and Galatasaray fans clash in the 2000 UEFA Cup Final riots in Copenhagen
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Wintergreen Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Will Champion, Amy Ray, June Foray, Gregory Hines, Dimitris Papamichael, Elly Annie Schneider, Devin Ratray, Nils Moritz, Barry Dennen, Julie Adams.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1940.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1940 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 13, 1921. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +167. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 26, 1946. Your incompatibility score is -130. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Spain approximately on 925. Your profession was seaman, dealer, businessman, broker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn determination and persistency. Every misfortune should crash upon your strong will.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 138th day of 1940
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 20th Friday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 332 days
- Age on next birthday: 80 years old
- Days since birth: 28,888 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,629 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.36 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 979
- Next full moon: July 16 at 21:40:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 24, 1972
- Age in dog years: 336 dog years old using a Field Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: January 13, 1921 (+167)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 26, 1946 (-130)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 27, 1925 – Marshall Thompson, American actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 1992); March 25, 1908 – Helmut Käutner, German actor and director (d. 1980); May 19, 1983 – Jessica Fox, English actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,850