Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1942 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1942 was a Sunday and it was the 137th day of the year 1942. It was the 20th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1942 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 102 days left before your next birthday. You will be 81 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,483 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,828 days or 26.91 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 998 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1974.
If a dog named Mamaz - a Chesapeake Bay Retriever breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 380 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Mamaz will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Mamaz will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Maureen O'Sullivan
- 1935Dennis Potter
- 1936Dennis Hopper
- 1956Bob Saget
- 1958Paul Di'Anno
- 1976Kandi Burruss
- 1981Shiri Maimon
- 1983DJ Yonny
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1706Andreas Felix von Oefele, German historian and librarian (d. 1780)
- 1868Horace Elgin Dodge, American businessman, co-founded Dodge (d. 1920)
- 1873Dorothy Richardson, English author and journalist (d. 1957)
- 1873Henri Barbusse, French author and journalist (d. 1935)
- 1874George Sheldon, American diver (d. 1907)
- 1882Karl Burman, Estonian architect and painter (d. 1965)
- 1926Franz Sondheimer, German-English chemist and academic (d. 1981)
- 1942Taj Mahal, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Rising Sons)
- 1966Gilles Quénéhervé, French sprinter
- 1970Jordan Knight, American singer-songwriter (New Kids on the Block)
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HANZUI? Check your answers here: Unscramble words HANZUI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1590Anne of Denmark is crowned Queen of Scotland.
- 1673Louis Jolliet and Jacques Marquette begin exploring the Mississippi River.
- 1792The New York Stock Exchange is formed under the Buttonwood Agreement.
- 1808Napoleon I of France orders the annexation of the Papal States to the French Empire.
- 1914The Protocol of Corfu is signed, recognising full autonomy to Northern Epirus under nominal Albanian sovereignty.
- 1939The Columbia Lions and the Princeton Tigers play in the United States’ first televised sporting event, a collegiate baseball game in New York City.
- 1983The U.S. Department of Energy declassifies documents showing world’s largest mercury pollution event in Oak Ridge, Tennessee (ultimately found to be 4.2 million pounds), in response to the Appalachian Observer’s Freedom of Information Act request.
- 1984Prince Charles calls a proposed addition to the National Gallery, London, a “monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend”, sparking controversies on the proper role of the Royal Family and the course of modern architecture.
- 2007Trains from North and South Korea cross the 38th Parallel in a test-run agreed by both governments. This is the first time that trains have crossed the Demilitarized Zone since 1953.
- 2013Two Metro-North commuter trains collide near Bridgeport, Connecticut injuring at least 72 people.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Piña Colada? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1942 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jonathon Prandi, John McEnery, Jon Hendricks, Bruce Dickinson, Henrietta Vinton Davis, Rhonda Vincent, Jesse McCartney, Meredith Henderson, Kevin McDonald, Jeanie MacPherson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1942.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1942 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 21, 1934. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +197. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 12, 1926. Your score is -184. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern China approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 63,249 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 77,173 times in the year 1942. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1942. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1942
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 20th Sunday of 1942
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2025: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 102 days
- Age on next birthday: 81 years old
- Days since birth: 29,483 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,828 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.91 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 998
- Next full moon: February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1974
- Age in dog years: 380 dog years old using a Chesapeake Bay Retriever breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: January 21, 1934 (+197)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 12, 1926 (-184)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 63,249 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 77,173 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMXLII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 26, 1956 – Jonathan Schmock, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter; June 17, 1982 – Arthur Darvill, English actor and singer; October 14, 1991 – Shona McGarty, English actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,998