Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1942 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1942 was a Sunday and it was the 137th day of the year 1942. It was the 20th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1942 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There is 1 day left before your next birthday. You will be 79 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,854 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,618 days or 26.33 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 977 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1974.
If a dog named Onslow - a Bull Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 332 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Onslow will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Onslow will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1919Antonio Aguilar
- 1945Esin Engin
- 1946Peter Hinwood
- 1947Andrew Latimer
- 1966Hill Harper
- 1973Josh Homme
- 1982Kaye Abad
- 1985Alyssa Stringfellow
- 1986Tahj Mowry
- 1996Ryan Ochoa
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1912Ace Parker, American baseball and football player (d. 2013)
- 1912Archibald Cox, American lawyer and politician, 31st United States Solicitor General (d. 2004)
- 1942Al White, American actor
- 1944Peter Price, English bishop
- 1956Sugar Ray Leonard, American boxer and actor
- 1965Trent Reznor, American singer-songwriter and producer (Nine Inch Nails, How to Destroy Angels)
- 1969Alan Doyle, Canadian singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, and actor (Great Big Sea)
- 1973Sasha Alexander, American actress and producer
- 1976Daniel Komen, Kenyan runner
- 1976José Guillén, Dominican-American baseball player
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Inez’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1521Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham, is executed for treason.
- 1590Anne of Denmark is crowned Queen of Scotland.
- 1808Napoleon I of France orders the annexation of the Papal States to the French Empire.
- 1814Occupation of Monaco changes from French to Austrian.
- 1814The Constitution of Norway is signed and Crown Prince Christian Frederick of Denmark is elected King of Norway by the Norwegian Constituent Assembly.
- 1869Imperial Japanese forces defeat the remnants of the Tokugawa shogunate in the Battle of Hakodate to end the Boshin War.
- 1875Aristides wins the first Kentucky Derby.
- 1939The Columbia Lions and the Princeton Tigers play in the United States’ first televised sporting event, a collegiate baseball game in New York City.
- 1954The United States Supreme Court hands down a unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas.
- 1970Thor Heyerdahl sets sail from Morocco on the papyrus boat Ra II to sail the Atlantic Ocean.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Cherry Choco Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1942 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Rocky Marquette, Keye Luke, Samantha Hammel, Chen Bolin, Regis Toomey, Jesse McCartney, Rodrigo Amarante, Danielle Lineker, Jessie J, Nick Wyman.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1942.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1942 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 21, 1934. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +197. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 12, 1926. Your score is -184. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern China approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 63,249 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 77,173 times in the year 1942. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1942. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1942
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 20th Sunday of 1942
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 1 day
- Age on next birthday: 79 years old
- Days since birth: 28,854 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,618 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.33 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 977
- Next full moon: May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1974
- Age in dog years: 332 dog years old using a Bull Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: January 21, 1934 (+197)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 12, 1926 (-184)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 63,249 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 77,173 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMXLII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 26, 1965 – Jon Hensley, American actor and singer; September 26, 1963 – Lysette Anthony, English actress and producer; November 8, 1957 – Hardi Volmer, Estonian singer and director (Singer Vinger).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,880